Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

My evo let me down on valentine's day.

4K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  morricus 
#1 · (Edited)
ok, so something broke on my car today on my way to at olive garden with my wife for out valentine diner...as i was driving my car started to make a "clunking " noise on the front passanger tire side..really quik it got louder so i decide to pull over to take a look ..i dont see anything fisicaly broken but i do see some fluid stains all over my drive boot,ball joing and on the control arm .any ideas what might of happen...mitsubishi closes @530 here so i gotta wait till tomorrow ..i tried to post pictures but it wont let me. ok so i finally got the pics uploaded..the fluid i speak about it the darker/ shinier spots

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#43 ·
wow this also happen to me too on Valentine day too. was driving to store to get some goodies goodies for the wifey then all of the sudden it start to sound like i have open dump pipe. i was like wtf sound hella loud and lost of power, so i stop at a nearby autozone and look under car. the bolts that connect the dp and testpipe came off. long story short drove home jack car went to hardware store came back wrong bolts size went back to exchange came back bolt it right back in place...yup that shit wasted like 2hrs of my day...

#46 ·
You aren't still driving it are you? I would say this is directly related to just having an drivetrain fluid change. They probably fucked it up. IT isn't hard to change these fluids, and doing it yourself you know it's done right. Don't automatically trust that if a job is done at a dealership, it's done right. Not the case. Good luck and I hope they take care of it for you.

#48 ·
Update: so after mitsu towed my car to there shop,i get a call from them . they said that "my car is fine"..i started asking questions right away about the problem of the oil and the noise...they admid that they might of spill oil wile poring it in but garantee there are no leaks going..they said the noise is from my strut (megan coilovers) and that it went out or is just loose...thats why itseem like something containing oil broke.
Im about to pick my car back up and remove that strut to check out..glad its not gonna cost me a left nut or headaches with the dealership ..:)

#49 ·
Good news sir

#51 ·
If a tech spills fluid on the car he should/ to clean. Not leave just like that... i just hope they arent playing with you cuz all the dealer hate to do warranty work and pay the techs. I wouldnt trust what they said.

#52 · (Edited)
If a tech spills fluid on the car he should/ to clean. Not leave just like that... i just hope they arent playing with you cuz all the dealer hate to do warranty work and pay the techs. I wouldnt trust what they said.
I work for a dealer, we love warranty work, free money, no sale necessary. Im really shocked this kinda perception is common on the boards. Makes me wonder what these dealers are thinking.

If you believe it should covered, escalate it to the service manager, if the service manager doesnt help, ask them specifically what is the customer service number for the manufacturer, if they still wont help, call the manufacturer and complain. Mitsubishi nor any manufacturer can afford to loose customers these days. Mitsubishi spent a hell of alot more money to get you to buy that car, then the repair is worth.

We give to many cry babies extra help because they complain, I cant picture any one else doing something different.

#56 ·
I always taken my car to mitsu with out caring weather my warranty gets voided or not..but i do worry when things break knowing it would come out of my pocket..a price i dont mind but my wife does haha..

#57 ·
this dealer looks to be being pretty cool. They might have spilled oil every which way, but considering your mods they seem to be more than reasonable. I've never been to the dealer since I bought the thing, so I have no frame of reference. But I know the 3-port alone raises a lot of red flags, which is understandable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.