Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Perrin CBE as my first mod?

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  spy007 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of this CBE from Perrin? My reasons for Perrin are:

1. It seems to be on the quiet side.
2. It does not have burnt tip marks, which scream aftermarket loud.
3. The exhaust clips sound pretty good to me.

Let me know if you have any reasons why I should not pick Perrin CBE. Thanks.

#5 ·
I love my Perrin CBE. Not too loud, no droning on the highway, fit & finish is perfect.

The only tough part about the install is hammering off the welded-on stock nuts on the cat pipe and spreading the heat shield around where the mid-pipe connects to the cat pipe.

#11 ·
I have the Perrin as part of my exhaust, and I don't find it loud at all. I actually thought they were one of the quieter ones......

#12 ·
Okay, I got my Perrin CBE. It is *not* loud indeed. However, I have droning problems between 2,250 and 3,500 rpm. By droning, I am referring to the cabin resonance with the exhaust note.

Anyone who has fixed their droning problem? Please share it with me. Thanks.

#13 ·
I have no droning issues with my Perrin CBE whatsoever, even after I installed my AMS high-flow cat pipe.

Are you sure all your connections are tight & secure? Is it sitting correctly on the stock rubber hangers? Is the mid pipe touching anything?

#14 ·
I have a resonated test pipe and no droning issues with mine.......as mentioned above I would check your fit and connections.

#15 ·
I have gone back to the performance shop twice. I have had two different guys double check the tightness and clearance. The center pipe is not touching anything. Yes, the muffler is on the stock rubber hangers. They even let me go inside the work area to inspect myself.

But it still drones and drones....

#16 ·
No droning here... had my TBE on for a while and never had an issue. Daily driver so I hit all sorts of RPM's and sit on them while on the freeway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.