Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Alpine DVD player help!

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  XxLaNcErGTSxX 
#1 ·
I have a Alpine IVA 205, and cant get the DVD player to play. I grounded the wire to the ground on the harness. Can anyone help?

#2 · (Edited)
Since you probably didnt do what I asked you to and checked for good ground, just move the ground to the chassis and see if it works for you. A good grounding point I used is the dash mounting bolt that is visible on the right side of the radio opening when you remove the radio. If you don't want to do that, cut the wire, connect a small jumper cable, and move from ground to ground until you find a good one. It won't hurt anything since touching the wire to ground is the same as closing the e-brake switch and completing the ground circuit.

#5 ·
I followed you but it still wont work. I will try that grounding spot though. Do you have an alpine?

#4 ·
Yes I got it on Fri LOL. thank you for that. Just in time for HIN

#8 ·
Is that what you have?? How did you do yours? Honstly I dont car about the hack, where do i tap the wires into?

#10 ·
So what did you do?

#12 ·
do you have a link for this? And do I need it

#14 ·
Ok well guide me through this please? How hard was the install? What wires are controlling the DVD playback?

#15 ·
next time I have my deck out I'll get the wire colors, I can't remember them off the top of my head and my car is an hour away from me ATM. But I did all the wiring out side of the car, and just plugged it all in. I bought the stereo pig tail (harness) and pre wired it to the alpine harness and wired in the TR7 inline so it was just one plug and done everything worked.

#16 ·
I grounded and still cant get the DVD player to play. Any help would be nice

#17 ·
the grounding trick doesn't work anymore. If other functions are working it's likely cause the security features aren't connected properly. In the manual it should tell you the process, lots of them are enable the emergency brake and honk the horn 3 times, or something like that. The old grounding trick has been gone for a long time now cause it was so easy to by pass it.

#18 ·
So if I get that TR7 I wont have to worry about splicing into wires?

#20 ·
Well looks like im going to order that

#22 ·
Yep thats fine, I just ordered so it will be a few days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.