Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  chi_weezy 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm on the fence with these CBE systems. I am looking for something deep rumble mellow at idle and low speeds yet growly at WOT. I pretend to keep the car civilized and not too obnoxious at highway cruise. I appreciate if anyone owns these to chime in with advise thanks for the support.

#2 ·
ets v2 quiet is not quiet at all. it drones(its just my opinion).
i am acutally considering perrin too, but can find a good sound clip for it.

#3 ·
These were my top two choices when I was looking for an exhaust. I looked through countless youtube videos just to get an idea of how they would each sound. I searched through the forums about reviews of each system, obviously the Quiet V2 has a lot more presence on the boards than the Perrin. I liked how the Perrin sounded more, but unfortunately reviews on it are scarce, which made me consider the V2 just because of all the information about it. With that being said though, I found a used Perrin CBE from a forum member at a great price, I had to jump on it. I'm scheduled to have it installed later this week.

I can shoot a before and after video if that would help you out? As a side note, I will also be installing a CP-E Bellmouth Downpipe and a custom HFC with the exhaust.

#4 ·
That would be great!!!! I wonder if the Perrin drones at gighway speeds? I will like to.go with.ams dp and hfc.. Perrin's cbe construtcio I would say is fairly similar to the v2 quiet... Is there any performance drawbacks between these?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
I got the V2 quiet installed a few months ago and love it. The car has a nice rumble on idle and an awesome rawr on WOT. On the highway it's not really much louder than stock unless you hit some boost.

#6 ·
If you want a quiet catback check the HKS Legamax. Looks really good, top quality and decent price and it's not supposed to be loud at all.

#8 ·
i have a perrin catback and i love it. mated up with the UR mini muffler test pipe and i have no drone on highway at 3500rpm (GSR) and it sounds like sex during WOT

#9 ·
I also have the Perrin CB with a CNT HFC and its not loud at all. Friends tell me its not loud when they drive next to me. It gives you a nice rumble when rpms are dropping too. Even though its cold in NY i put the Window down to hear it a little bit. Real nice sounding exhaust, and NO rattles either.

#10 ·
I have a Perrin TBE and it is very quiet while driving around, I've had cops behind me plenty of times and I never even worry about it.

It sounds great under WOT too, IMO one of the best sounding exhausts for the X.

Zero complaints. Not to mention you don't get the ricey tips like you do with some brands.

#12 ·
Here's a quick little before & after video I put together. Unfortunately, it's not quite as parallel as I would've liked (in terms of camera placement, warm/cold start up), but it'll give you a slight idea.

Plus, I did say I was going with a HFC before, but I switched up at the last minute and went with a test pipe instead, this is probably noticeably louder than if you installed the catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDDFkDjF24

Hope this helps you

#13 ·
I had a hfc with my Perrin exhaust and it wasnt very loud. Now that I have a testpipe its alot louder but I still love the sound of this exhaust, its also very well made and fits perfect.

#15 ·
Have the Perrin with ETS highflow and its perfect! No drone on highway.

#16 ·
I had the ETS quiet, zero drone on highway. Makes your car sound as close to a V8 as its gonna get at idle....it has a very nice rumble to it. Very high quality exhaust and ETS is outstanding to work with. I'd get this one in a heartbeat.

#19 ·
:yeahthat:
Sounds like our ETS V2 Quiet would be the perfect fit for you. No drone on the freeway or at cruise and a nice rumble at idle. Once opened up you can definitely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust. The noise really fits the Evo X perfectly. We also back it up with a lifetime warranty against any type of manufacturer defects. The exhaust system is built from stainless steel and mandrel bent here in house. If you are like me the exhaust noise as well as the look is important. We added a vband to rear of exhaust system so you can clock it side to side to line up perfectly. Some of the other exhaust systems on the market use a 2-bolt flange which put your exhaust in a fixed position and don't count for warn hangers.

Another key part about our exhaust is the fact we use a merge collector on the inside of the muffler. I'm not sure if Perrin does, but it helps direct air flow and eliminates excess turbulence.

We designed all our Evo X to be a factory replacement so you can bolt our exhaust directly to a factory cat if you wanted to as well as any other cat / test pipe that works with the factory components.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
:clap:

I have the ETS V2 Quiet and I love it. Good idle rumble, not loud enough to attract "unwanted attention", yet it opens up when WOT. Ordered it from Kaizen and had the EVO dyno tuned once it was installed and it sound great.

Good luck with your choice! Also on youtube if you search for it there are good "before" and "after" videos someone posted on the ETS V2 Quiet.

#17 ·
I would get the Perrin I had it and loved the sound!

#18 ·
Sounds like our ETS V2 Quiet would be the perfect fit for you. No drone on the freeway or at cruise and a nice rumble at idle. Once opened up you can definitely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust. The noise really fits the Evo X perfectly. We also back it up with a lifetime warranty against any type of manufacturer defects. The exhaust system is built from stainless steel and mandrel bent here in house. If you are like me the exhaust noise as well as the look is important. We added a vband to rear of exhaust system so you can clock it side to side to line up perfectly. Some of the other exhaust systems on the market use a 2-bolt flange which put your exhaust in a fixed position and don't count for warn hangers.

Another key part about our exhaust is the fact we use a merge collector on the inside of the muffler. I'm not sure if Perrin does, but it helps direct air flow and eliminates excess turbulence.

We designed all our Evo X to be a factory replacement so you can bolt our exhaust directly to a factory cat if you wanted to as well as any other cat / test pipe that works with the factory components.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael

#21 ·
No experience with the Perrin, but I had the v2 quiet. Great exhaust. Sounds awesome. Not loud until you get on it. But I wanted something lighter and louder so I went with the Tomei Ti Expreme. Haven't looked back. My down pipe back exhaust weighs around ~12.5 lbs. Not bragging lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.