AYC / ACD System Explained SERVICE and BLEED Alternative - Page 21 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > S-AWC System
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

S-AWC System For discussion of the S-AWC system and it's components including (but not limited to) driveshafts, differentials, programming, etc.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:58 AM   #201
lizengcanada@gmail.com
n00b

the ayc/acd pressure doesnt even reach over 90 psi, what is the cause, the pump works fine tho
lizengcanada@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2016, 06:00 AM   #202
lizengcanada@gmail.com
n00b

whats the symptom of a bad proportionating valve
lizengcanada@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #203
lizengcanada@gmail.com
n00b

is it able to perform a ayc/acd clutch volume test on the rear diff and the transfer case in order to see if the clutch packs are worn out or not ?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:05 AM   #204
lizengcanada@gmail.com
n00b

is it able to perform a pressure test on the rear diff and the transfer case assembly to see if the piston seal is leaking or not ?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:52 AM   #205
lizengcanada@gmail.com
n00b

request

hi,
do you have any internal hydraulic circuit diagrams for the ayc/acd pump, i can't view it from your post cuz it says "404 page not found", is there any way for you to send them to my email " lizengcanada@gmial.com ", many thanks
Old 01-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #206
Rickytishy08evoX
n00b

i just replaced the clutch on my X and had to drop the t case i have an appointment to get the /awd/ayc system bleed would that be the only think i need bled with the muIII tool cause that would cover the rear diff and t case??
Rickytishy08evoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #207
Atlas J
n00b

Okay, This has been a great thread, but I haven't read where anyone had the same experience as me. So someone with more knowledge please help me out, here is my situation.

I bought an 08 evo with the AWC warning light on, I got a great deal on it so i didn't think much of it knowing i would have to put some money into repairing it. I took it to the dealer and the told me I needed a new AWC pump so I spent the 1800 and had it fixed, they then informed me the AWC pump was not the issue, they told me some pump inside the transfer case had gone and a new transfer case would be 8000.00!!! they told me it would be safe to drive and the pump was not running. So after reading through this thread I went to check my reservoir in the trunk and its completely empty, the car seems to drive and function fine for daily use, however the warning light is always on and I can't chose between the three modes (gravel,tarmac,snow).

NOW my main concern, I have a track day on saturday, will I be okay running it how it is, or will there be a catastrophic failure driving it hard?

And where do I go from here to get it fixed? Do i need a new transfer case? Does anyone know of any reputable places to take it in Arizona?

Thanks so much in advance!
Atlas J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 02:48 AM   #208
e-va
n00b

Location: Northern NJ (Can't stand not pumping my own DA%N gas)
If the dealer replaced the pump, they should be held liable for the system still being inactive. Keep insisting, bring your wife/gf?
At this point your best bet is calling Shep-trans or JAck's transmission and see what they recommend based on your symptoms. For $8k you can overhaul trans, center diff, rear diff and pump. Also, read all the great threads on how the AYC/AWD system works and after that you may know more than what the people at the dealer know.
It may be a good idea to buy a scanner that can read Chassis codes to find out what the faults are.
e-va is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement