Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

2001 monte carlo detail

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  GGEVOXFTMFW 
#1 ·
Some of my before pics screwd up, and i wasnt able to show all my befores. Dont think the car has/had ever been polished/waxed/clayed. There was a ding on the hood near the latch and wouldnt let me pop the hood. So i had to skip doing under the hood. Some before and afters, Enjoy:repost:

See less See more
#3 ·
haha, if u look at the pic below it has three long marks that extend across the fender thro the door.

#5 ·
Nice!!! It looks great!

Did you do the work? If so, what products were used, start to finish? How long did it take?
Ya i do side detailing ww.donsdetailing.com and i have a fb page as under dons detailing. Took me bout 6 hours. Started at 1130 ish and finished at 6.

Started with adam's wheel cleaner, adams all cleaner, boars hair wheel brush and wheel well brush. Hosed each rim sprayed the rim cleaner and scrubed the boar brush. Then spray all cleaner on the tires, and wheel well. Used the fender brush on the tires rinsing between using the brush on the tires and wheel well. Then rinse the tires/wheels/wheel wells.

Then used my foam gun with chemical guys citrus wash let it sit, and then used chemical guys microfiber wash mitts, and using the two bucket method with bucket guards on both using the same car wash.

After drying the car I Started with the clay bar using a meguiars bar, and ultimate quick detail as lube. Did whole car proably took the longest having never been touched bar was black and unreuseable when i was done.

Then I tried one spot with my pc with a green pad using Menzerna Super Intense Polish and I didnt get the result I wanted so I switched to orange pad and looked a lot better. I did half the car with my normal pad and had to switch cuz it was turning black from dirt. Then used my other pad which is a newer chemical guys pad that has round circles on it and seems to do a better job then the plain orange pads taking out the swirls especially on black. Cleaned door jams with all cleaner and a rag, then put a coat best i could on the door jam area. I tried talking her into doing two coats of polish but she only wanted one, and to spend $120. So all I had to work with. Then did a coat of Adams Americana on the exteior and door jams.

Interior was trashed and her main focal point for me to do. Having two kids and looked like dogs cuz their was hair EVERYWHERE. Vacuuming probably took the longest detailing inside. Removed the mats, and used adams carpet cleaner worked it in with my fingers, did the same where the matts were inside the car had a few salt spots from winter as well, and also had spots around where the kids sit. Then matted it dry with a towel. Used all cleaner on the dash parts and pieces, door cards, etc. Everything had a inch of dust so after removing that i used my chemical guys Silk Shine on dash, door panels, plastic bits on seats, arm rest, steering wheel center, and trim piece u step over to get in. Used my chemical guys detailing brushes to get in the vents, and cracks that had years of dirt and dust in them. Cleaned windows with chemical guys window cleaner. Used leather conditioner on the steering wheel.

Tires I used the same silk shines its nice cuz it dries and doesnt fling. I also use it on any exterior trim but her car had none. Had to put two coats on from the tires being so brown. Sprayed my adams undercarriege spray usually earlier in the detail cuz it takes time to dry as well. Really sets off the rims/tires having black background behind it.

I found adams, and then found chemical guys which a detailing product wholesale supplier for people that want professional product at a cheap price. I buy everything in gallon sizes now, or conceintrates so i can dilute one bottle to make 12. I spend 20 dollars on a gall jug where before with meguiars and adams ur spending 10 on one 16 oz bottle. The one jug makes 8 bottles from gallon.

Hope this helps ya man!

Don

#6 ·
Thanks for the writeup! I'm almost done with my detailing for the season (may have seen the other thread I have going in the Detailing section). It's my first time running a PC and honestly I have no idea how you did it in that short amount of time - it took me 4 hours to do the car once with PO203 and an Orange pad and then another 4 hours to do it with PO85RD and a light green lake country. LOL! The claying was easy for me, about 2 hours last night, because my car was fairly clean to begin with.

I have to clean my wheels again tomorrow. I hear ya about buying gallon sizes, once I run out of my meguiars quick detailer (lube) from last year I'll be buying a gallon size to dilute in a spray bottle and save tons of money compared to $10 for a 16 oz bottle as you pointed out.

Having polished my car for the first time I have to say the results are WORTH all the effort. The shine is simply amazing, even if I didn't get all the long scratches out (they're hard to find anyway hehe). All the swirls are GONE!

How long does it take you to do a panel with your PC? Maybe I'm spending too long, I usually do 6 passes with Mezerna until it breaks down.

#7 ·
Depending on how bad the car is usually takes me hour or two for claying, and hour to hour and half per polish coat. I have it down to science now I just go at it. Takes bout an hour to do the rims/tires/wheels/foam/wash/dry.

On my evo I have menz SIP, adams machine polish, and two coats adams machine super wax. I used the machine polish over the menzerna super finish i usually use. When I get bored I switch from adams americana and super wax. Sometimes Ill top the machine with americana. I seem to like the look of two coats of msw over two coats of americana. The machine wax is supposed to provide lil more protection over the americana. I also have a high end sealant I use with carnuba I really like. I got off chemical guys, and offers lil more protection. Plus can offer as up charge to customers who dont have time to clean/wax their car every month or other while prodiving protection for 6-10 mths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.