Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Suburban Mitsu Evo

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  yoshe200 
#1 ·
Just traded in my car in for an 2008 Evo X GSR GG that I found at Suburban Mitsubishi this past weekend.

It's in really clean condition and I can tell the owner took very good care of it.
It was on their lot for about 100 days so I'm sure people looking have seen it.
But I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this car.
(hoping that the original owner would be on this forum and sees this post! or anyone who's test driven it and is knowledgeable about the car)

Just mainly wanting to know what kind of maintenance was done, especially with the stock clutch that's known to wear out in 30k miles.

If anyone knows anything, it'd be much appreciated

#2 ·
You run the VIN?

#3 ·
I was able to check autocheck but not carfax.
It doesn't seem like autocheck shows maintenance records :/
I'll ask the dealer if they have the carfax for the car.

#4 ·
You already bought the car. If it has gremlins, its yours now :(

#5 ·
haha I checked autocheck before I bought it and that checked out fine.
I'm sure everything's fine with the car just want to know what kinda maintenance it's due for so I can take care of it :) like clutch, fluids, sparks

#6 ·
Just swap all the fluids, change the oil, and look at your sparks. (you will know if your clutch is toast- use your toes and nose) She's your baby now, pamper her yourself.
congrats on the purchase

#7 ·
Just swap all the fluids, change the oil, and look at your sparks. (you will know if your clutch is toast- use your toes and nose) She's your baby now, pamper her yourself.
congrats on the purchase

#8 ·
thank you :)

I mainly am curious about the clutch - if it was replaced or not...
Anyone know if there's an easy way to tell if it was replaced and if so with what?

#9 ·
^ If your clutch is stiff than it is after market...if the pedal feel is soft then it is probably stock...ask the dealer if you can testdrive a new evo so you can feel the difference in clutch pressure to check if it is stock...you could probably tell without having to drive it as my clutch is considerably stiffer than stock...GL and congrats!

#10 ·
Thanks for that info!! I did not know that after market clutches were stiffer.
I was actually wondering why my clutch felt stiffer than the 2012 Evo X GSR that I test drove a few weeks ago!
I kept worrying if my clutch springs were getting old or if 2008s clutches were stiffer than 2012 from the beginning...
Now I'm pretty convinced that the previous owner had replaced it with after markets :) Thank you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.