Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Stock frame same as STI?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  HappyMint 
#1 ·
Hey I was just wondering If anyone knows if the stock turbo off my x would bolt onto a STI exhaust manifold? My brother is looking at maybe buying a used impreza and maybe turbocharging it in the future, so I was thinking if I upgrade the turbo on my X I'd sell it to him to put on the impreza if it would work with just buying STI exhaust and intake? Anyone know if this would work? Thank you for you're input

#7 ·
Moore Performqnce is supposedly making such a kit. Their have been some big issues with R&D however, so nit sure when/if it will ever come to market.

From a former SUbaru member...

1) Used stock STI turbos can be found for cheap(er) on nasioc and other sites, and are more "in the family".

2) Most guys who think about boosting impreza find it is easier, cheaper, and more reliable to buy an old 03-05 WRX rather than all the work that goes into boosting a base impreza (strengthening engine internals, transmission, cooling system, brakes, etc.)
That. Although, the 02-05 WRXs are really shitty when trying to get decent (over 350whp) out of them. I know personally, went through 5 professionally built/tuned engines on mine. Hence why I sold the pos.

#5 ·
From a former SUbaru member...

1) Used stock STI turbos can be found for cheap(er) on nasioc and other sites, and are more "in the family".

2) Most guys who think about boosting impreza find it is easier, cheaper, and more reliable to buy an old 03-05 WRX rather than all the work that goes into boosting a base impreza (strengthening engine internals, transmission, cooling system, brakes, etc.)

#10 ·
Unfortunately the truth is you should swap hat mitsu symbol with a mustang symbol and put the mitsu symbol next to the subaru symbol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.