Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

My evo let me down on valentine's day.

4K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  morricus 
#1 · (Edited)
ok, so something broke on my car today on my way to at olive garden with my wife for out valentine diner...as i was driving my car started to make a "clunking " noise on the front passanger tire side..really quik it got louder so i decide to pull over to take a look ..i dont see anything fisicaly broken but i do see some fluid stains all over my drive boot,ball joing and on the control arm .any ideas what might of happen...mitsubishi closes @530 here so i gotta wait till tomorrow ..i tried to post pictures but it wont let me. ok so i finally got the pics uploaded..the fluid i speak about it the darker/ shinier spots

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
picture has not been added ....

#3 ·
In4 pics

#4 ·
I tried when i chose pic from gallery it says i need to log in..which i am already haha

#6 ·
If it is ..mitsubishi just changed my diff and t- case fluid yesturday...so maybe they did something wrong...would fluid leaking cause a loud clunk noise when driving on small bumps and while turning

#7 ·
Only if your fluid is all missing and the thing ran dry I'd guess. I don't wan to scare you though so try to get it on jack stands and investigate.

#32 ·
Mitsu will always cover the tow fee. It's called mitsubishi road side assistance. (888) 648-7820

Although if you're in the Chicago area i HIGHLY recommend max madsen in aurora. only in aurora, don't do downers grove, they suck. the aurora one is amazing though. Covered a lot under warranty for me.

Lol..The Olive Garden is ok..my wife likes it and i had 3 hrs before going to work so it seem good to go there, im in third shift for a while..but now thats shes sad that we dint celebrate VDay's ..ima make it up by taking her to The Signature Room in Chicago this weekend much fancier haha..
For my car it just make me a lil nervouse that it might cost alot i just got to 30 k miles so i think warranty wont cover it ,but o well ill see tomorow
If you call ahead you can order a specially marinated steak there that was pretty good. But if you like seafood, they have a "seafood tower" that is literally a tower they bring out with different levels of delicious seafood. One of the best seafood meals i've ever had, and I've had everything from maine lobster, to shrimp off the coast of the Mediterranean

#9 ·
Will do first thing tomorrow..thanks

#15 ·
Don't worry about all the bullshit talk about the Olive Garden OP, who gives a fuck. I dig it. Keep us posted as to the condition of the Evo. I'm in Chicagoland area, when you get it fixed, my wife and I will meet you at the Olive Garden to celebrate its return by dominating some tasty bread sticks sir! :godance:

#19 ·
I'm as calm as calm can be. Just wasn't funny. Not unfunny in some offended way, just plain not really funny. The OP might not have been eating at an establishment up to your standards, but he was out with his wife and I suspect they're back at their own home...not at their mothers. Is that funny? :innocent:

#20 ·
clunking sound from passenger side... might be cv boot or that rocker thingy attached to it, my caravans thing always broke so over every bump it made clunky noises -_-

#23 ·
yea check cv, could be from a tear, could also explain all the oil

#25 ·
Hmmm, not sure. Grease from the CV joints is thick, not really oily. The fact the dealer just changed his diff and transfer case fluid and he has an issue the next day seems very suspect. And if the CV joint was leaking, one would think the Mitsu tech would see that...the grease gets everywhere

#24 ·
Lol..The Olive Garden is ok..my wife likes it and i had 3 hrs before going to work so it seem good to go there, im in third shift for a while..but now thats shes sad that we dint celebrate VDay's ..ima make it up by taking her to The Signature Room in Chicago this weekend much fancier haha..
For my car it just make me a lil nervouse that it might cost alot i just got to 30 k miles so i think warranty wont cover it ,but o well ill see tomorow

#27 ·
Sounds like it is going to be a really expensive repair! lol

#30 ·
Yeah i posted this to get info from u guys unfortunelly im at work now and can check the car right now..

#31 ·
its something they messed up when they serviced it! like mentioned, tow it there and have them cover the whole thing

#34 ·
And thanks for the roadside assistance number i was just google in it .

#37 ·
Sorry about the pic that the best i could do before heading to work..i just turned the wheel stuck my hand in there and snaped a pic with my cell to see for my self ..

#38 ·
Yeah that would expalin the leaking but i also have a loud "clunking " noise and it sounds like something is about to crack but i dint see anything hanging.

#39 ·
Another way to explain the noise ..is kinda the same from when u drive with a lose rim ..(ive done that on my ricers back in the day) haha

#42 ·
What i really love is there salad and i always order the mix grill.always hits the spot :) haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.