Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Purchased a Used Engine for Build

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  evox79 
#1 · (Edited)
Just bought a used motor for building.. Complete compulsive purchase LoL!! The guy has had it up on ebay for like $3500 plus shipping for about 2 months know.. So I decided to see if he'd go lower.. Ended up buying it for $2600 shipped.. I think I did ok. Complete longblock from valve cover to oil pan.. plus ex mani and turbo.

link to purchased item

#4 ·
Yeah I plan on doing a 2.2 build w/ a BB Red strapped to it and in the mean time it will serve as a back up motor.. But like I said this wasn't a plan purchase @ all.. LoL.. The modding bug bites hard sometimes..

#17 ·
If you see one like this for 2500-3k I'd say do it :)

Then you can take your time with it and if you need money you can still sell it. They aren't really going down in price haha.

People will always blow motors.

#19 ·
Yeah, I was talking to him too about the engine. But I went over budget (10K) this year on my suspension, and my motor just pulled excellent numbers in the leak-down test I just had performed at the shop. Hopefully, it lasts me another season at the track.

Next year will be awesome!

#20 ·
Yeah, I was talking to him too about the engine. But I went over budget (10K) this year on my suspension, and my motor just pulled excellent numbers in the leak-down test I just had performed at the shop. Hopefully, it lasts me another season at the track.

Next year will be awesome!
I'm way over budget myself.. But I just keep buying and I don't see myself slowing down anytime soon..

#22 ·
lol, has this become a list of who's already over budget?

Add me in there. $10k in the first 3 months of the year... soo much fun though.

#24 ·
Yeah, I like to put a budget because I know I will just blow my whole salary on it. Besides, since the motor is in good shape, I was comfortable with the thought of waiting until next year.

#26 ·
It sure us. Even though I try to stick to 10K, my actual expenditure still touched around 11 - 12K every year. Silly me! Afterall, I do "NEED" the mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.