Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Spy photos: First shots of rumored Lancer Ralliart

8K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Sully7 
#1 ·

This is either a stripped down Lancer Evolution, or the often talked about but never seen 2008 Lancer Ralliart. Forget about the old Ralliart that offered nothing more than a body kit and wheels, this next generation version is expected to get AWD and a turbocharged four-cylinder with roughly 220hp-230hp -- you know, like a certain other Japanese sedan, er hatchback. Add in the Lancer's tasteful styling and nicely trimmed interior, not to mention options like navigation, a 30G hard drive and Bluetooth, and it's not looking good for the WRX.

- insideline

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd rock one...for sure. I'd still rather have the Evo...obviously.

#10 ·
The big question I have is, other than the HP levels, what will be different? Will it be missing some features of the SAWC? Will the engine and drivetrain handle a lot of boost?

In other words, what are the chances that the Ralliart is a cheap way to get an EVO X, just by dialing up the boost?

#13 ·
well aren't you special.. you like that crap blob that is the 2008 wrx???????

yeah the interior is nice but *vom vom vom*

srt4evah --I think the ralliart is basically going to be a normal lancer + turbo and maybe stiffer springs. It barely shares body panels with the Evo X (see fenders, rear door panels most likely, bumpers, hood, etc), definitely won't share suspension components, has a different track front and rear, etc.

Chances are, like usual, it'll be cheaper to just buy the real thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.