Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

UR O2 downpipe, or Depo Racing intercooler?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mike o 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a UR O2 downpipe that I've been waiting to install. I tried getting it done a few weeks ago, but ran into a few frozen bolts that will need to be broken off and drilled and re-threaded in order to put the dp on. The labor is going to cost me about the same as purchasing a Depo Racing intercooler, which I planned on getting eventually. I have the money to go one way or the other right now. Which do you think I should go with right now? I know it's all preference, but which do you think will give the best performance increase right now? If it's the dp, I'll stick with that project, but if I'd get more out of the intercooler, I'll do that first. I realize I could wait and save up for both, but I'm impatient like that, lol.

#3 ·
Depending on your future modification desires I would recommend starting with the intercooler. The stock IC gets heatsoaked relatively quickly making the IC a much more important upgrade than the downpipe.

#5 ·
buy my deopt intercooler

#7 ·
Go intercooler first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.