Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

ASC Service Required!

25K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  hotstix 
#1 ·
Oh Noezz another one of these threads?! Yup, quick question that I searched fior but couldnt find a specific answer to...

on my race gas map, I will sometimes hit +/-30psi and I get the message,

BUT is it bad to continue to drive the car hard while this message is on? AND when this message comes on, has it shut off the ASC system entirely? or is it still active?

Mods:
dom 2
all the supporting mods
105 oct map, AP tuned by Jon @ HB

school me.

#2 ·
its just letting you know you hit 30 PSI+ it shuts off the ASC so you dont break shit (from what I understand) the tables can be adjusted.. I think its DTC tables? my memory is a lil fuzzy with this so double check what im telling you.

It wont hurt the car to continue driving when the code is thrown, no big deal.

#8 ·
Yes your are correct your asc is off when that code is thrown. It isn't bad either...hence the button the car came with to turn it off when you want.

The code can be tuned out. I'm sure your local tuner can figure it out just give them a call. As far as ap goes, no the ap only disables the check engine light that gets thrown when you remove the cat

#11 ·
30psi...

yeh basically the ECU has to put an upper limit on the MAP sensor signal, since after 30psi it starts to become unreliable/not linear

i think it's a bit conservative of mitsu todo this.

best bet is to get an omni4bar if you plan to run over or near 30psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.