news update

mods added friday
* ecutek flash
* buschur racing catback
* greddy downpipe
* atp test pipe

results= 303awhp/337tq@28psi dyno

i put it back to 24 psi for street tho

saturday morning on my way to work... boosting it a little... a big BAM sound came from my car. first i thought it was the exhaust burning up some fuel... but all my boost went away!? my rev was around 4k when it happened. came to an intersection and barely made it out of it in limp mode. good thing is my buddy lives right on that street so i pulled the car in there. shut it off. let it cool for 5-6 hours and tried to fire it back up. there is no reaction to the boost what so ever.... my turbo is dead...

so... tomorrow or monday i'll take it out and see what happened... anyone have an idea of what could have happened? fuel cut? wierd thing my rev was bouncing up and down between 800 and 1200 rpms after this happening..

See less See more
#3 ·
maybe a boost line came off or something, that has happened on some srt's before.

#9 ·
dosent over boost cause limp mode? my guess is either that or pipes

Hes "tuned" so I would guess that he should be able to hit 28lbs without going into limp mode but then again I have seen some tuned cars go into limp mode so ....

#10 ·
i got limp mode boosting hard after installing a blow off valve. then went to recirculation, and it did it again. I would lean towards piping coming off at lower intercooler.:rock:

#21 ·
Problem solved...

lower ic pipe popped off. Still got a Service Engine Soon light...
sweet. just like everyone thought then ;) phew!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.