Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

New Deatschwerks DW300 High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump Testing & Review By MAPerformance

15K views 93 replies 33 participants last post by  Murlo26 
#1 ·
New Deatschwerks DW300 High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump Testing & Review By MAPerformance

We recently had a chance to use a innovative new product that seems to be creating a lot of buzz after its unveiling at the recent SEMA show. Consumers have struggled for years to find a solution to squeeze big power out of a drop in replacement fuel pump, Deatschwerks now has an answer. They have engineered a totally new in-tank fuel pump that utilizes Turbine Technology to flow 300lph and is 100% E85 compatible.

Flow Testing Analysis -

We all know manufacture testing leaves a few real life variables out of the equation so when we had the chance to use the product to see if the real world results were there, we jumped on it. The platform is not really important but since your going to ask. Kyle, our lead engine builder / fabricator, installed this on his 1G DSM "winter beater".

About the Car-

*2.3L MAP Built Stroker

*Testing our new Dark Performance T4 Manifold / Comp Billet 6262 Turbo Kit

*DeatschWerks 300lph in-tank pump and 1500cc injectors

*Tuned on E85

We were able to make well over 600whp on E85 on just the single DW300, where a std walbro 255hp limited the car to just over 500hp.

Dyno Graph after the DW300 install -

I wanted to get this thread started to address any questions you guys might have and hopefully it will develop into a review thread as these bad boys start to hit the streets!

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Maperformance​

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Are they going to offer an inline version of this pump ? This would be a real problem solver for some of us especially for the crowd using a surge tank.

Bryan

#8 ·
The inline pump is not the same design as the intank veriety. That is why I asked if they plan on an inline version as well. The inline 255 is compleatly diffrent than the intank pump.

Bryan

#18 · (Edited)
The inline pump is not the same design as the intank veriety.
Why would they do that when a Bosch 044 is pretty much the same flow and price? The 044 is proven and has been around forever. I have a Jay Racing knock-off that has upgraded internals and flows a little more.

For guys who just want an in-tank then this is a very nice option to have. I'd imagine that one of these on a boost-a-pump would be enough flow for anything short of an extreme build.

#13 ·
Hory shet!! Good cause its an awesome new fp upgrade I want..bad cause i gotta hold of on completing my fuel upgrade setup till then. Group buy at the end of Jan!!! (crossing fingers)

#14 ·
Let's hope these don't fail like their injectors

#24 · (Edited)
We have been very happy with it thus far. Plenty of fuel and it is really quiet for what it flows. Her is some more info on the design.

Noise
Turbine pumps are generally quieter than G-rotor pumps. The DW 300 is audibly quieter but some decibel testing will be done to quantify the difference

Reliability
100% E85 compatible.
SAE guidelines for long term fuel pump testing are 4K hours. DW has been doing long term testing since the beginning of the year. Over 3.5K hours of testing on 100% ethanol with no failures. Long term testing will keep going passed 4K hours until failure.

Other Tech Spec
Pressure release valve is set to open at 100 psi
Amp draw is 10-14 amps depending on voltage and pressure.

#25 · (Edited)
Thanks Burd!

As of now, the in-tank pump is going to be what we'll have available in the fuel pump arena, but we do have dreams and aspirations of an in-line solution and other in-tank solutions. One project at a time, though. :)

This pump is designed to be used in-tank, and it uses the fuel as a coolant...using the pump outside the tank will likely cause the pump to overheat.

The pumps will come with an install kit. We are currently working on application specific kits (about 10-15 are planned for release) and a universal kit, as well.

We also have many pumps out to our installers/tuners for the purpose of tuning and proving what the pump can do, much like MA Performance has done with Kyle's DSM.

Feel free to contact us with any questions. Release will be mid January and will be available world wide through our network of dealers and distributors.

#37 ·
Thanks Burd!

As of now, the in-tank pump is going to be what we'll have available in the fuel pump arena, but we do have dreams and aspirations of an in-line solution and other in-tank solutions. One project at a time, though. :)

This pump is designed to be used in-tank, and it uses the fuel as a coolant...using the pump outside the tank will likely cause the pump to overheat.

The pumps will come with an install kit. We are currently working on application specific kits (about 10-15 are planned for release) and a universal kit, as well.

We also have many pumps out to our installers/tuners for the purpose of tuning and proving what the pump can do, much like MA Performance has done with Kyle's DSM.

Feel free to contact us with any questions. Release will be mid January and will be available world wide through our network of dealers and distributors.
Will it plug into the stock harness or will it have to be wired in like the walbro?

#26 ·
Nice, may have to test one of these out in the future.

#30 ·
Ah ok
my impression was that even with a Red on E85 you would be beyond a single 255 for our cars?
This little beast may come in handy then for a whole bunch of people :)

#33 · (Edited)
This little beast may come in handy then for a whole bunch of people
I ended up having to run both an 044 and a boost-a-pump and I'm only making 510whp or so. Either my car is weird or it takes more fuel to make a given whp at 9000 rpm than it does at 7500 rpm. My tuner seemed to think so but I'm math impaired.

#31 ·
Is this quieter than the Walbro and 044?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.