Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Joeys WW GSR SpeedCircuit 2.2l build

43K views 516 replies 74 participants last post by  joey 
#1 · (Edited)
Its been a long time coming. I've been wanting to do a build since forever. Dino accepted my application and just in time too. I've had some issues with my car but nothing would have been as bad as the window I was about to install into my block. But either way, speedcircuit has got my back. Enough of the talk, here is a list of mods that I will have:

Performance:
SpeedCircuit 2.2l overbore
BB FP Red w/18psi WGA
Cosworth MX1 cams
ETS VTA downpipe
ATP test pipe
Tomei Expreme Titanium catback
Speedcircuit 3.5" intake
Speedcircuit UICP
Speedcircuit P&P stock exhaust manifold
Agency Power BOV
Speedcircuit P&P head
GSC dual valve springs

Fueling:
Walboro 255 FP
FIC 1100cc injectors
Speedcircuit FPR kit
EvoD surgetank kit

Cooling:
AGP 3.5" FMIC

Drivetrain:
Jacks built trans and center diff upgrade
Jacks built rear diff
Exedy twin disc HD clutch
Magnus CMC upgrade kit with Evo 8/9 MC

Tuning:
Cobb access port

Suspension and wheels:
AMR 10/12k coilovers
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
Rota grid 18x9.5+18 DD
Rays gram lights 18x9.5+22 track
Hawk racing pads

Exterior:
CF OEM style hood
CF side skirt extensions
CF DL Syle trunk
CF rear diffuser
CF grill cover
CF canards
CF fender vents
CF fog deletes
APR CF GTC-300
APR CF front splitter
Perrin shorty antenna
Custom front tow hook
Custom projector headlamps

Monitoring/Tuning tools:
Cobb Accessport tuner
Defi white racer boost gauge
Innovate LC-1 wideband gauge
Depot Racing oil pressure gauge

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The day I brought the X home......unmolested

then I installed a cf lip, diffuser, fender vents, and powder coated stock wheels

Then I blacked the tails

Took the spoiler off and decided I liked the wingless look

Then installed the cf center bumper cover

Then installed boost gauge, FMIC, UICP, intake, exhaust, and BOV

CF hood, canards, and skirt extensions

Next was DL style trunk, RA tails, and shorty antenna

Then I got everything powder coated to make the bay look all pretty

Then I went and got it tuned at COBB surgeline in Portland Oregon. Made 357whp and I can't remember the torque lol but it was something like 360wtq

this is hollywood at surgeline with me, wearing his skirt lol

Then I got married and my beautiful wife got this made for me

New wheels and eibach pro kit installed

2010 SRRSCCA AutoX Champion

#357 · (Edited)
The day I brought the X home......unmolested

then I installed a cf lip, diffuser, fender vents, and powder coated stock wheels

Then I blacked the tails

Took the spoiler off and decided I liked the wingless look

Then installed the cf center bumper cover

Then installed boost gauge, FMIC, UICP, intake, exhaust, and BOV

CF hood, canards, and skirt extensions

Next was DL style trunk, RA tails, and shorty antenna

Then I got everything powder coated to make the bay look all pretty

Then I went and got it tuned at COBB surgeline in Portland Oregon. Made 357whp and I can't remember the torque lol but it was something like 360wtq

this is hollywood at surgeline with me, wearing his skirt lol

Then I got married and my beautiful wife got this made for me

New wheels and eibach pro kit installed

2010 SRRSCCA AutoX Champion

#3 · (Edited)
New wheels, coilovers, and gtc-300 installed

Only pic I could find

My son wants my car when he's old enough

Tow hook and front splitter installed

Fender rolling action

Ready for racing and another car show

Custom headlamps

I custom fitted the extra buttons on the ASC panel to hold the switches for the lights

If you guys want to get your lights retrofitted for a great price and great quality, PM me

Random pic

After that my rear diff took a shit. The good folks at Jacks Transmissions hooked me up with pretty much a brand new one for a fraction of what the dealership wanted. The dealer said 4400 to replace lol. I also figured, why the hell not send those dudes my tranny as well. So i did.

Rear diff with a peep hole

BIG THANKS TO JACKS TRANSMISSIONS FOR A JOB WELL DONE AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Here is what my car looks like today

#359 · (Edited)
New wheels, coilovers, and gtc-300 installed

Only pic I could find

My son wants my car when he's old enough

Tow hook and front splitter installed

Fender rolling action

Ready for racing and another car show

Custom headlamps

I custom fitted the extra buttons on the ASC panel to hold the switches for the lights

If you guys want to get your lights retrofitted for a great price and great quality, PM me

Random pic

After that my rear diff took a shit. The good folks at Jacks Transmissions hooked me up with pretty much a brand new one for a fraction of what the dealership wanted. The dealer said 4400 to replace lol. I also figured, why the hell not send those dudes my tranny as well. So i did.

Rear diff with a peep hole

BIG THANKS TO JACKS TRANSMISSIONS FOR A JOB WELL DONE AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Here is what my car looks like today

#4 · (Edited)
Videos

Exhaust install

Test pipe install

Open dump downpipe

Dyno tuning with stock turbo

Cam install

Drag racing

I must have been sleeping on the line lol. Reeled him in though

First Autox and man can you tell lol

MOAR Autox

and heres a video from the only autox event that I attended last season. I didnt even know this was taken lol. If you watch the last right turn, you can see the 3 wheel FTW

#5 · (Edited)
The parts never seem to quit rolling in. I have some other pics as well but those will have to wait till I get off work. This will do for now

Brand new 3.5 inch Speedcircuit intake powdercoated white. Im going to change the theme up a little in the engine bay so bear with it for now

Here it is getting ready to go in.....but I failed and forgot to buy some shit :(

Got everything needed. Motor is in and ready to start up. But somehow I fucked everything up and the car is now in "fuck you, Joey" aka, immobilizer mode. FML

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
October 3, 2012

First start

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/...g videos/b7b04f8e229fe93bf0809e26a1612803.mp4

Car has 24,352 on the odo. Need to trace an oil leak and then I will have these break in miles behind me. On a positive note, the exedy twin feels amazing.

Rear diff is toast because of a simple mistake. I'm pissed cause I didn't fuck it up, but what can you do? I guess, fix it.......again.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68642

Since the diff is out and waiting for parts, I decided that I would install all the rest of my other shit. Just installed the SSP catch can. What a pain in the ass that was. It didn't take long, but it was just dumb lol. Removing the stock bracket from the beam to getting the fitting in the exhaust side. Hopefully I have it installed right lol

Got the can for a killer deal from insane_DOHC

Old beam off

Catch can on

Lines routed and installed.

Depot Racing oil pressure gauge installed. Working on getting a triple pillar made so I can stuff that gauge away and get it cleaned up a bit.

#361 ·
October 3, 2012

First start

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/...40-9ACD-ADD4BC1E7812-473-0000001BDD580E7E.mp4

Car has 24,352 on the odo. Need to trace an oil leak and then I will have these break in miles behind me. On a positive note, the exedy twin feels amazing.

Rear diff is toast because of a simple mistake. I'm pissed cause I didn't fuck it up, but what can you do? I guess, fix it.......again.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68642

Since the diff is out and waiting for parts, I decided that I would install all the rest of my other shit. Just installed the SSP catch can. What a pain in the ass that was. It didn't take long, but it was just dumb lol. Removing the stock bracket from the beam to getting the fitting in the exhaust side. Hopefully I have it installed right lol

Got the can for a killer deal from insane_DOHC

Lines routed and installed.

Depot Racing oil pressure gauge installed. Working on getting a triple pillar made so I can stuff that gauge away and get it cleaned up a bit.

#14 ·
Yep, custom made by one of my old hook ups. Not sure if he's still around though.
hehe looks weird stock... same as when i seen some of TheSin's stock... just weird.
Sub'd for epic build.
yeah I was just thinking the same thing lol. I've been thinking of getting an MR and leaving it all stock. But I know that's not what would happen lol
What fuel? If you run e85 at all you will be well over the capability of the pump and injectors. You will like the red with the 2.2 I think its the perfect combo for our car.
yeah I talked to Hollywood about what to run. I have decided to just stick with 93/91 (whatever is available) for now. I dont have an e85 pump where im at anyway. Plus I can switch later down the road If I get tired of pump. But I do agree on 2.2+FP Red=happy me
Schweet. That cake is badass
hell yeah. The white evo x on it, kidneythief made it for me. Shes too sweet haha. Too bad she's going to be leaving to Cali.
Nice car. Love the white with cf. Build will top it off. Good luck. Cake looks sweet.
Thanks dude. I'm sure everything will go just fine

#20 ·
Thanks dude. Headlights were done by a buddy of mine that actually comes through for his customers, unlike that other company lol. Plus he's not as expensive as them.

#25 ·
Yeah I try to. He LOVES my car lol. I take him to Autox but he can't ride cause of his age. But next season, he's gonna be my co-pilot. He is pretty good size for his age so I'm sure it won't be a problem
So must boss mode in this thread. OMFG.
Lol. I just wish I was gonna be around for the final product. But at least I'll have a beast when I get back home

#30 ·
Yeah. The wiring and stuff kind of sucked but I'm sure it was worth it
Looks like a snake going up your shirt in the picture where you are showing off your melons.

Sub'd for awesomeness.
lol. Maybe a little. I'm going to throw in random pics every now and then to keep it entertaining

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.