Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Joeyrukkus Build THRAD 2012 WW GSR journey to T4

22K views 184 replies 30 participants last post by  Joeyrukkus 
#1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer: I spelled thread wrong on purpose because it amuses me.

Little background, when i was 17-19 I knew some dudes that owned a shop in PA called Hybridynamics. They were famous for honda swaps, sr20 builds and DSMs. All of their cars were almost stock and very clean on the outside and all ran 11-12 sec at the strip. I feel in love with turbos. I finished college, got a job, bought a house, got a better paying job and now for the first time in my life I have the resources to do a proper build and not feel like my financial life would be over if something goes horrifyingly wrong.

Last Jan I bought a 2012 WW GSR with 4 miles on it and as soon as I hit the first oil change happened I kissed my warranty goodbye and got everything I needed to max out the stock turbo. I've been so happy with the car ever since.

After reading on here for the past year, I was getting kind of disappointed watching people do big builds and make nice peak numbers but with not so optimistic spool results (I live in Pittsburgh, it's very steep and hilly in some places and I don't want to be driving around at 5 k all the time). Initially I thought ok, maybe instead of going crazy I should just get a red with supporting mods and be happy with that. Then Phantom showed some super promising spool results with his twin scroll T4 6466 build and I was immediately back on board.

Then shortly after Murlo posted the MAP Twinscroll T4 group buy. I thought this is my chance. So I waited for my bonus to come in for the quarter. After my bill clear next week I will be in a position to send MAP the cash for the group buy. I think I will go with ceramic coated manifold and hot side, 1.0 A/R, 6266 BB. I was going to go JB like Murlo but this is my once in lifetime build and I'm doing it the way I want on the first try.

My current mods are in SiG and the plan is this. Get Turbo kit on a discount. Spend the rest of the summer collecting and installing supporting mods. Hopefully save enough money by winter to have get a 2.2 or 2.4 built.

Goals pre engine build this summer:

Radium surge tank with wally 400 E85 version
ID 2000 Injectors
MAP fuel line kit
MAP FPR kit
Boomba Fuel rail
DW65w In tank

Innovate XD-16 WB Gauge
AEM 50 PSI Digital Gauge
Oil pressure gauge

Speed Circuit firewall and cam sensor heat shields
Driven Fab Catch can

Please if anyone has any advice on getting this right the first try I want to hear it. I've started forming some plans on engine build parts and I've talked to Dino but seriously, any good advice is welcome.

That's the plan, here's the thread. Pics to follow.

Oh, and I have the magnus CMC (from when map and magnus got into a fight) this will be installed this summer too in preparation. Also wheels and tires at some point.

See less See more
#33 ·
are you sure the paint is fading and not just getting beat up by debris hitting it? seems way to quick for the paint to fade.
It's not paint it's anodizing.

It's def from the sun, you can see higher up where the bumper shades it the color is still pretty fierce.

#39 · (Edited)
#46 ·
Gosh darn thats a pretty looking turbo you got there! And must be beast too. I was checking that out yesterday on MAP's website

#47 ·
Thanks, not a beast yet tho. Just collecting supporting parts and saving for engine build. Doing a catch can and metal valve cover this weekend. And sending some id2000s I got from darksun back to ID for cleaning and testing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#58 ·
Text Font Technology Screenshot Electronic device

Injector testing results, got 1 rich one but its within spec. Just gotta remember to use that guy on cyl 4. Now I just need: fuel lines, rail, fpr, in tank pump, surge tank and pump. After that its just clutch and engine/tranny build. BOOSH

#60 · (Edited)
I'm not much of a show car kinda guy but I some friends put on a show for charity at a fair so I cleaned it up nice to help out.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Alloy wheel

Gotta yank the intercooler tomorrow to send back to ETS. Being the stand up company that they are offered to anodize it again black since it faded so badly in a short amount of time. Even paid for shipping. I loved the red and recommend it to anyone who can keep it in a garage mostly. It looks unique and fierce, just can't keep it in the sun.

#62 · (Edited)
Just ordered another batch of goodies from MAP.

AMS Fuel Rail
320lph in tank pump and install kit
Omni 4 bar map sensor
Fuel Lab 6 micron 6an in/out

Next up
FPR
Surge tank with Wally 450
Fuel lines

Any recommendations on a FPR kit? I don't like where Map's kit mounts under the UICP.

#63 ·
Just ordered another batch of goodies from MAP.

AMS Fuel Rail
320lph in tank pump and install kit
Omni 4 bar map sensor

Next up
FPR
Fuel Lab E85 fuel filter
Surge tank with Wally 450
Fuel lines

Any recommendations on a FPR kit? I don't like where Map's kit mounts under the UICP.
You probably have the fastest closet in all of Pa lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.