Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Major Updates for Mitsubishi AccessPORT Firmware and AccessTUNER Race!

32K views 105 replies 60 participants last post by  GSXRiderK6 
#1 · (Edited)
*****NOTICE*****

We have resolved the issue that some users were experiencing earlier in the day when updating to the latest firmware.

The new firware version is now 1.6.3.2-1209. If you had already updated your AccessPORT, please update it again to this latest firmware. All OTS maps have now been upreved to the latest version as well. ProTuner maps are unaffected by this update. If you have a map made with an earlier version of AccessTUNER Race, download the latest version of AccessTUNER, open your map and save with the latest version.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please contact COBB Tuning at 1-866-922-3059.

COBB Tuning is pleased to announce major updates to the Mitsubishi EVO X and Ralliart AccessPORT, Off the Shelf Maps and AccessTUNER Race tuning program. These comprehensive updates greatly expand AccessTUNER Race to bring it on par with AccessTUNER Pro. Tables and monitors for all supported EVOXs and Ralliarts have been expanded and relabeled for easier more intuitive tuning, especially for large-turbo applications. AccessTUNER Race now features an auto update and rollback feature. AccessTUNER Race will now automatically update to the latest version without need for downloading a new copy. The rollback feature allows users to revert to the previous version of AccessTUNER if issues are found in an update version.

AccessPORT firmware has also been updated for improved menu navigation, more intuitive uninstall screen and improved data monitoring navigation. An “Expose ECU data” option is also available that allows users to backup their OEM ROM to their home PC. This new update also includes an AccessPORT demo mode which can be used as a screen saver if the AccessPORT is left idle. This update also resolves several bugs and issues with the current version of AccessTUNER Race, as well OTS Maps. Issues with injector pulse width have been resolved allowing proper scaling of larger injectors with AccessTUNER Race. This also resolves fueling issues with our OTS map offerings

To implement these dramatic improvements in the Mitsubishi AccessPORT simply update your AccessPORT with Manager 2.0 and fill out the AccessTUNER request form found on the COBB Tuning website.

Updated AccessPORT Firmware Resource Pages:

Updated AccessTUNER Race Resource Pages:
Updated Table Listing:
Firmware Update 1.6.3.2-1209:

New Features and Updates:
  • Map Update: Added minimum injector pulse width logic.
  • IPW fix allows for use of larger injectors
*See vehicle application list below for more details.
  • Map Update: Lowered MAF range for mid-to-high and high-to-mid closed loop fuel trims in all USDM staged maps.
*See vehicle application list below for more details.

• Updated available maps in firmware to add IPW and MAF range logic.
    • 2008 USDM EVOX MR - updated maps from v107 to v108
    • 2010 USDM EVOX MR/MRT - updated maps from v107 to v108
    • 2008 USDM EVOX - updated maps from v107 to v108
    • 2010 USDM EVOX - updated maps from v107 to v108
    • 2009 USDM Lancer Ralliart - updated maps from v101 to v102
    • 2010 USDM Lancer Ralliart - updated maps from v101 to v102
    • 2009 WM EVOX MR - updated maps from v106 to v107
    • 2009 WM EVOX - updated maps from v106 to v107
  • Updated available maps in firmware to add MAF range logic.
    • 2009 WM EVOX MR - updated maps from v106 to v107
    • 2009 WM EVOX - updated maps from v106 to v107
  • Uninstall AccessPORT option moved back to main menu.
    • Moved uninstall AccessPORT option back to main menu to reduce end user confusion.Added AP Demo Mode to settings menu.
    • Demo mode enables users to setup the AP in a state which allows tasks to be viewed.
    • Note: If Demo mode is left idle for 1 minute the Cobb Race Car screen saver turns on.
  • Improved list scrolling interface.
    • Arrow keys can now be held down to scroll through lists.
    • The beginning and end of lists now wrap around.
  • Monitor name display.
  • Data monitor names are now shown in the screen header when a monitor is selected.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed idle timing table that caused an issue where world market vehicles would not idle properly.
    • 2009 World Market EVO X - updated maps from v106 to v107
    • 2009 World Market EVO X MR - updated maps from v106 to v107
  • Removed last item recall to improve device stability.

See less See more
#2 ·
AccessTUNER Race Version: 1.8.6.0-1203

New Features:
  • Tuner Auto Updater
    • Users can accesss tuner software updates through the "Help/Updates" menu.
      • Users will no longer have to download the latest tuner version to stay up-to-date.
      • Rollback - users also have the ability to rollback to the previous release of Tuner by using the "Help/Updates/Rollback last update" option.
  • Added AP MGR 2.0 Installer
  • New Tables for USDM 2008 EVO X GSR/MR:
    • Added Airflow in Injector Scalar.
    • Added Idle Adder tables #1 and #2.
    • Added Idle RPM vs. Coolant tables #1 - #9.
    • Added Target idle points #1 - #14.
  • New Tables for USDM 2009 Lancer Ralliart:
    • Added Airflow Check Offset table.
  • New Tables for USDM 2010 EVO X GSR/MRT:
  • New Tables for 2009 WM EVO X GSR/MR:
    • Added Airflow in Injector Scalar.

Bug Fixes:
  • Addressed issues for USDM 2008 EVO X GSR/MR:
    • Fixed typo in Injector Scalar.
    • Removed mislabeled Torque Limiting table E.
    • Changed SST throttle tables to use calculated torque for table scaling.
    • Changed limit Error Correction to use calculated torque for scaling.
    • Changed SST disengage table to use calculated torque for scaling.
  • Addressed issues for ADM 2008 EVO X:
    • Changed SST throttle tables to use calculated torque.
  • Addressed issues for EDM 2008 EVO X:
  • Addressed issues for JDM 2008 EVO X:
    • Fixed typo in Injector Scalar
  • Addressed issues for JDM 2008 EVO X SST:
  • Addressed issues for JDM 2010 EVO X SST:
    • Removed torque limiting table E.
  • Addressed issues for JDM 2010 EVO X:
    • Removed torque limiting table E.
  • Addressed issues for USDM 2009 Lancer Ralliart:
    • Fixed typo in Injector Scalar
    • Removed incorrect Max Air Flow Table E.
    • Removed mislabeled Torque Limiting Table E
  • Addressed issues for 2010 USDM Lancer Ralliart:
    • Removed max airflow table E
    • Removed torque limiting table E
  • Addressed issues for USDM 2010 EVO X GSR/MRT:
    • Changed Limit Error Correction table to use calculated torque for scaling.
    • Removed mislabeled Torque Limiting Table E.
  • Addressed issues for WM 2008 EVO X:
  • Addressed issues for 2009 WM EVO X GSR/MR:
    • Removed mislabeled Torque Limiting table E.

#3 ·
so do we need to down load this new version or is there an update button so we dont have to wait for the verison to be set to our emails

#5 ·
Reed moar closer...

To implement these dramatic improvements in the Mitsubishi AccessPORT simply update your AccessPORT with Manager 2.0 and fill out the AccessTUNER request form found on the COBB Tuning website.

#7 ·
great !!! update done

IS there an update for the AccesTUNER Race version: 1.8.3.0 ?

If so how do we perform that update ?

thanks

#8 · (Edited)
*****NOTICE*****

We have resolved the issue that some users were experiencing earlier in the day when updating to the latest firmware.

The new firware version is now 1.6.3.2-1209. If you had already updated your AccessPORT, please update it again to this latest firmware. All OTS maps have now been upreved to the latest version as well. ProTuner maps are unaffected by this update. If you have a map made with an earlier version of AccessTUNER Race, download the latest version of AccessTUNER, open your map and save with the latest version.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please contact COBB Tuning at 1-866-922-3059.

#10 ·
Heya,

This is related to the issue seen with the buggy firmware we initially released. The newest version (1209) has this resolved. Use AP Manager to update your AP again and try again. Should be all good this time around.

Please let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks!

Sean @ COBB

#12 ·
Hey Koach,

The 1.08 map notes haven't been put on the server yet but the links were already changed. There wasn't any actual tuning changes made so the 1.07 notes still reflect the correct tuning data. The maps were up-revved to enable the minimum IPW value fix.

The only ones to actually have a tuning change were the WM maps, and that was to fix the idle air table.

Hope this helps,
Sean @ COBB

#13 ·
Thanks Sean. I updated Access Manager and my firmware, then downloaded and flashed the 1.08 map to my car. I am not seeing the option to save my OEM map back to my computer. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the AP or am I missing something?

#18 ·
Hey Shadowcell,

Yeah, I am aware that the fuel trims are still broken. I am really sorry for the annoyance - I appreciate that those are things that really need to work. Unfortunately I am only able to do so much during the day, but addressing the broken monitors as well as making other general improvements to our data logging is coming up in a release in the near future. I promise we will get those things addressed as quickly as possible.

Thanks very much for your patience and support. I know we haven't done the best job of keeping up with the EVO stuff in the past but we are dedicated to making the AccessPORT and AccessTUNER the best tuning solution we possibly can for you guys. This is only the beginning!

Sean

#22 ·
Hey everyone!

We just released another update that has the expose ECU data feature working. The newest version is 1.6.3.2-1262. You can update to the latest firmware by checking for updates in the AP Manager software as normal.

Release notes can be found here: http://www.accessecu.com/support/releasenotes/AP-MIT-002.html

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at 866-922-3059.

Thanks!

Sean

#23 ·
I've recently been experiencing what sounds like wastegate flutter at higher rpms in 3rd and 4th gear with the Stage I 93 Oct v1.07 map (my car is stock), so I did the update 1.6.3.2-1209 from 1/25, loaded the Stage I 93 Oct LWG 1.08 map, and while the "flutter" sound seems to be gone, there's noticeably less power, and idle issues. I haven't really had the chance to data log any of the events. Anybody else or Cobb have any ideas?

If it's wastegate making noise is this normal on the Evo 10? My WRXs with the AP and stage II made wastegate sounds but it was normal for the Subarus.

#24 ·
how come sti's with the AP get to read AFR, but ours dont?

#26 · (Edited)
Noob question lol. Under filter I have it on logs and I see listed my dyno run..how am I able to open and view this?

NVM!! sorry got it under a different program

#34 ·
are these maps compatible with the 2011? (if they are any different?)

#36 ·
Not yet! We are still working on 2011 compatibility. We will post an announcement when 2011 support is added to the AccessPORT!

Our servers are currently down. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Please call us at 1-866-922-3059 if you have any immediate needs. We hope to be up and running by this evening.

Travis
COBB Tuning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.