Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Dylphill85s "Street Bully" GSR Build Thread

15K views 69 replies 17 participants last post by  Boostfed X 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post up about my recent build that I have started. Ive owned the car for three years now and after my recent deployment to Asscrackistan, I finally have the funds to do a full build on the car.

Engine:
2.2L overbore
Arias 90mm 10:1 HC Pistons with Coated Skirts and Heads
Pauter Rods
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Cossie 90mm Head Gasket
ARP Main Studs
ARP Rod Studs
ACL Race Bearings

Head:
AMS TMP Cams
BC +1mm Valves
Supertech Dual Valve Springs
Kelford Titanium Retainers
Ported & Polished

Turbo Setup:
ETS T4 Top Mount Hot Parts Kit
Tial MVR Gates
BorgWarner S300SX FMW 64mm

Transmission:
Welded Diff Pins
Possibly the Tomioka 4.19 Final Drive setup
Carbonetics Twin / Triple Clutch

Fuel Setup:
Wally 450 E85 Version
ID 2000s
Boomba Fuel Rail

The block is being assembled by NukeRJ and the head is being assembled Simsahh.

Im shooting for roughly 600 to 650whp corrected on a local Mustang Dyno.

See less See more
#2 ·
Reserved

#5 ·
Pictures

#7 ·
Haha of course. I have confidence in my builder and tuner. My car is in good hands. :D

#9 ·
That really sucks. Sorry to hear about your bad luck!

#11 · (Edited)
In what way? Ive got plenty of buddies running the dual valve springs with no problems.

#17 ·
I thought so too, till I talked to full-race. Honestly, its a 67mm that spools like a 35R.

#21 ·
Yes.

I don't think Dino is running yet but he has a 9180 on a 2.2 so spool characteristics should be similar to yours.

You are going to make more than your goal, by a long shot. I think your build looks pretty stout, excited to see this coke together!

The 8374 and 9180 have the same case size. If the 9180 is too big you can always swap for an 8374 later on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The Moore Automotive Evo X is running a 2.2 stroker and the car was full spool at around 5200rpm. Remember, Im 6000ft above sea level, so spool is effected.

I thought the 91 was along the same lines as the HTA37, my bad. Build looks good nonetheless man. When is it gonna be done? I'm trying to get leave so I can visit CO at the end if June. I miss the X so fucking much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nope, it spools as fast as a GTX35R.

#22 ·
So a buddy of mine happened to come across a really sweet head, so I picked that up from him the other day. Its running BC +1mm valves, AMS TMP cams, Supertech dual valve springs, Kelford titanium retainers, Cobb CNC ported and polished.

#24 ·
because he didn't know about it. I told him Tuesday or Wednesday.

#26 ·
Anyone heard of or running DPI injectors?

#30 · (Edited)
Google them. You can find hardly any info on their company from third party individuals, and whats on their site. I talked to their sales rep and he basically was trying to tell me not to read into the hype concerning ID and other big name injector brands.

I asked Baka if hes ever heard of them and replied with, "never heard of them, and Ill never use them. We only like to use whats trusted and what works."

Seriously though, google them. I literally found one Evo X that ran them, and one scoob on nasioc.

He even said, "why do you think you never see our injectors for sale on forums, because they work. Why would people sell them?" :bowlol:

#32 ·
Exactly. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them.

#33 ·
So I think I'm going to be changing up my turbo choice. Like I said 650 uncorrected mustang, and I talked to a guy who's running the S300SX 62mm FMW and he's shooting for 700whp on a mustang. Obviously Ill hit that corrected, but he said with the head I'm running and the 1.1AR, I should hit it.

Plus he can get me the turbo for $800 shipped. Can't beat that.

#34 ·
About another month and I should have my block back. Also picked up an exedy twin for $400 with only 5,000 miles on it!

#36 ·
Except I'm running a big boy turbo. ;)

#40 ·
Yeah, it's save me from getting the Carbonetics for now, and use the money for other stuff.

#44 ·
the BW EFR turbos are just amazing! Setups that I have seen on here with the FR twin scroll T4 and FR internal WG have outperformed similar Precision based builds.

If I end up trading/selling the AGP kit for an upgrade it will be a EFR based setup for sure.

#46 ·
Update: The block just got finished being cut at Golden Eagle, just waiting for the sleeves to be installed and the custom pistons to be finished.

#47 ·
Yeah pistons take forever held me up for a while..
Worth it in the end though let me have a 2.489L so I have a little room to rebuild..
Build looks amazing takes time man don't rush it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.