AP Manager doesn't recognize AP - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning > Cobb AccessPort
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Cobb AccessPort Subforum for discussion about AccessPort software and tuning.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Butterfield

AP Manager doesn't recognize AP

I posted a summary version of this question on the Cobb site, but I figured I would get more/quicker help here.

I just bought an accessport and installed the AP Manger on my PC. It's a work computer that is running Windows XP professional. When I connect the AP using the USB cable, it doesn't recognize that it's attached. I then tried to update the firmware on the AP and it said it was no longer performed through that application and I need to install AP updater. I installed that program and updated the firmware without issue.

After the firmware update, I tried to start AP Manager again and got an error "The ordinal 75 could not be located in the dynamic link library libusb0.dll" No clue what that means. So I rerun the installation for AP Manager.

After the reinstall it opens fine. It shows the vehicle name for my car. When I connected the AP a little window popped up and said initializing AP. It went off, then nothing. It still doesn't recognize the AP is attached because the "eject AP" option is grayed out.

This is starting to piss me off. The AP works great on the car. It installed properly and I loaded the map. I just can't update it with new maps or back up what is on the device. Any help would be appreciated. My home computer is a Mac, so that's not an option either.
Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Golden
[Gearhead]

You need to have the AP connected during install, because it acts as a dongle. So, I'm not sure how you got the AP software installed without it being able to talk to the AP.

Maybe try an uninstall and reinstall, now that the AP has the latest firmware.

And if it helps, I have Win XP Professional on this computer that I use to run the AP software on.
Need a Definition for the X? Golden's Definition Database
PM me for Tuning info. (Any rom, including undefined roms.)
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Butterfield

Thanks! I'll uninstall and try with it connected.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Butterfield

No go. Uninstalled, then re-installed with the AP connected. It still doesn't show any data from the AP. It has a Vehicle Name as USDM 2008 Evolution X MR. I was also able to download a couple maps from cobb's website and they are visible. Nothing happens when I click on "Copy maps to AP" button and the eject AP is still grayed out.

Any other ideas?

Additional Info: I bought it from Perrin and they were able to load a custom map on it prior to shipping so I don't think it's an issue with the AP.

Last edited by Butterfield; 03-21-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Addtional Info
Old 03-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfield View Post
I posted a summary version of this question on the Cobb site, but I figured I would get more/quicker help here.

I just bought an accessport and installed the AP Manger on my PC. It's a work computer that is running Windows XP professional. When I connect the AP using the USB cable, it doesn't recognize that it's attached. I then tried to update the firmware on the AP and it said it was no longer performed through that application and I need to install AP updater. I installed that program and updated the firmware without issue.

After the firmware update, I tried to start AP Manager again and got an error "The ordinal 75 could not be located in the dynamic link library libusb0.dll" No clue what that means. So I rerun the installation for AP Manager.

After the reinstall it opens fine. It shows the vehicle name for my car. When I connected the AP a little window popped up and said initializing AP. It went off, then nothing. It still doesn't recognize the AP is attached because the "eject AP" option is grayed out.

This is starting to piss me off. The AP works great on the car. It installed properly and I loaded the map. I just can't update it with new maps or back up what is on the device. Any help would be appreciated. My home computer is a Mac, so that's not an option either.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its the firewalls from your work computer. I tried using ATR and the other software on mine to and no go. Same exact thing work computer with XP pro and shit just don't work right. Its something to do with privilege's or firewalls.

www.PrecisionViolence.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...013389?fref=ts
hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Butterfield

It was the software version that came on the disk. I downloaded the latest version of AP Manager and it loaded correctly. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
Golden
[Gearhead]

It wouldn't be a firewall, as that is for internet stuff.

But I do have full admin rights to my laptop, so that may be why it works fine for me.
Need a Definition for the X? Golden's Definition Database
PM me for Tuning info. (Any rom, including undefined roms.)
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
It wouldn't be a firewall, as that is for internet stuff.

But I do have full admin rights to my laptop, so that may be why it works fine for me.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to call it on our computers but there are Admin rights as well as a program that keeps unlicensed software from connecting to anything within the system. It basically quarantines it so it can't run scripts even though it will install.

www.PrecisionViolence.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...013389?fref=ts
hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
on2it
[X Performance Mod]
[Oceania Mod]
[Automotive News]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_X View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what to call it on our computers but there are Admin rights as well as a program that keeps unlicensed software from connecting to anything within the system. It basically quarantines it so it can't run scripts even though it will install.
From what Hollywoods saying, YOu may have to give admin rights/authentication to the service, install or process that's running the AP manager software.. it may not be enough that youve logged on with full admin access.
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement