EvoScan GPS Nav now fully working in USDM X GSR. - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

EvoScan GPS Nav now fully working in USDM X GSR.

Well, I finally got my hands on the nav unit and ftdi cable to get everything running. Anybody who has this device and is having trouble logging, just PM me, I can send you the gauge layout and related log settings for this device to be fully utilized.

Many thanks to Hamish for providing live support to get this up to speed. I think he just added the 2008+ Subie support, so we can expect to have more layouts soon.

EDIT: here are the pictures and the Video I said I'd post.

This is while I was stationary. The horn sound is because my knock went up by more than 3. I'm still on stock tune. not for long though

This is when I was moving.

PICTURES

Please see the attached Zip file for the necessary settings. The following is what I changed:

1) corrected a couple of spelling errors in data.xml
2) created a new layout to NOT include the SST label for GSR users.
3) created a template2.txt from existing one to work for USDM GSR owners out of the box.
4) Included some sound files and changed alarm settings for Knock. Did not really like the long trumpet sound that comes by default.

NOTE: Remember, you'll need Mode23 enabled for your ROM for ANY of this to work. Yes, that's right.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EvoScanPPC - Copy.zip (277.9 KB, 555 views)

Last edited by KickAss; 05-03-2010 at 11:43 PM.
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
BakaUnchi
Tuner Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalystGod View Post
Well, I finally got my hands on the nav unit and ftdi cable to get everything running. Anybody who has this device and is having trouble logging, just PM me, I can send you the gauge layout and related log settings for this device to be fully utilized.

Many thanks to Hamish for providing live support to get this up to speed. I think he just added the 2008+ Subie support, so we can expect to have more layouts soon.
uh
ive had this for months

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 Redline Street AWD 3rd overall
FULL-RACE Dealer/Installer/Tuner Get your EFR Setup HERE!!!
BakaUnchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Speed View Post
uh
ive had this for months
As I've always said, the sarcasm is not welcome. If you don't have anything to add, please do not post.

If you have everything working, please post the data.xml, template2.txt, savedsettings folder etc so that others can use it too.

I see you had a thread on evom and despite several post by me and another owner for assistance, you did not step up to the plate. And now that I post something to help everyone out, you call it "gay". Way to help the community .

I got nothing more to add.

To everyone else, I am not the first to have this working as HB Speed rightly said, and neither am I claiming to be. But I AM willing to help others get started without intimidation. Everything I did, I did it by my own work and a bit of help from Hamish.

I have already sent everything to Hamish to package up for USDM evo X gsr owners, so that you can just download it and use for your vehicles and don't have to work too hard to get it up to speed.

later.

EDIT: Was feeling bored and decided to do the GTR layout for the GPS on RogEvo25's request. Sorry for the piss poor quality. I want to add the remaining gauges for functionality and then release the settings. currently last gauge on first line and last 2 gauges on second line are not working.

EDIT: 05/24/2010
Final GTR Layout version

My mad MS Paint skillzzzzzz MS PAINT FTW !!!!!

Following is what you'll need for USDM GSR Owners for this layout to work as is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EvoScanPPC.zip (593.5 KB, 367 views)

Last edited by KickAss; 05-25-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

Whoa... This is EvoX guys not evom... Take it easy.

Anyway, sub'd for pics of installation and some videos. How is evoscan coming along in the X? I heard it was limited...

Official Sponsor:

Stock? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Tephra
[Gearhead]

Actually the M ecuflash/tuning forums are pretty good in terms of bickering.

common goal and all that
)

RIP Michael Lomker
Tephra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
LVSBB6
Forum Lackey

Does it work on USDM X MR?
ARC OC/titan exhaust/r-cap/knob
Billion r-hoses
Blitz S-tank/TC/RS coolers/radiator
CARBING arm bar
Chargespeed f & h-vents
Coltspeed GT shifter/cm-support/ign
Cosworth IC
CRAFT SQUARE TCA-RF
Deck Mechanical trunk lip
ESPRIT GT 052
GSC S2
ID 1000
JUN kit/TB/oil thermo + pan
Kansai s-bars/grill/underbrace
Ohlins DFV
Okada coils + lift
Project Kics R40
Ralliart ac & shift panel/pedals/oil cap
Volk Racing CE28N Genesis
YR Advance shifters
LVSBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #7
Golden
[Gearhead]

Yes.

FP Red - E-85 - Golden Tuned
Need a Definition for the X?

PM me for Tuning info. (Any rom, including undefined roms.)
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
weap0n
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalystGod View Post

Would you mind putting together a detailed How To guide covering everything required (parts, etc.) for those of us who wish to do this but are not sure on what's required.

I for one, would be very great full.
weap0n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

I will post up something this evening after I get home. Usually I can just do this at work but I'm swamped at the moment. But I can definitely put together something in the evening for those interested. I will update the first post with pics.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock? View Post
How is evoscan coming along in the X? I heard it was limited...
I don't know what you really mean. Its been out for a while for the X on the PC and it does support a lot of the params, although not quite as vast as the CT9A stuff. We'll get there eventually though. But its good that most of the important stuff is already available in EvoScan for the PC. I haven't tried the 2.7 to see if anything new has been added though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement