How to: RacingLine Rear Endlink Install

20K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  Mario Linguini 
#1 · (Edited)
How to: RacingLine Rear Endlink Install

Parts Required:
- RACINGLINE Custom Rear Endlinks.
- sales@racinglineperformance.com

Tools Required:
- 14,15,16,17mm flat wrenches and ratchets.
- blue and red thread locker
- car jack and stands

Recommended Number of People
- 1 person

Difficulty
- 2, a very simple yet super effective mod.

Time to complete
- 30 minutes taking your time.

Step by Step Instructions

1) Find your self an Evo X GSR or MR vehicle.

2) Place the car in gear, put something under the front wheel and jack up the rear supporting it with jack stands.

3) Remove both rear wheels and inspect your busted or destroyed stock endlinks.

4) Remove the stock endlinks and set them beside your new RacingLine endlinks. Adjust the height of the new endlinks to match the old ones. Use blue thread locker on the inner thread of the height tube (inside the tube with RacingLine logo).

5) Once you have the new endlinks adjusted to match the bolt to bolt height of the stock ones tighten the height lock screws over the endlink height tube so as to prevent them from expanding on their own.

6) Install the RacingLine endlinks back on to the car, please ensure the "gold" color bolt is the one that goes on the sway bar. Its the longer bolt of the two and needs to be connected to the sway bar. Coat both bolts with a touch of red thread locker.

7) Tighten both upper and lower endlink bolts with the serrated nuts until the bushings are approximately half squished, then install the second lock nuts.

8) Enjoy your new RACINGLINE Custom Rear Endlinks.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
RESERVED FOR PRE-LOAD info

NOTE:

You may expand your RACINGLINE rear endlinks to give the car more over-steer if desired.

1) You will need a 14mm and a 15mm flat wrench.
2) Loosen the endling tube lock washers with a 15mm wrench.
3) Turn the height tube (with the RACINGLINE logo) slowly with a 14mm wrench until it starts expanding to your desired height. Each full 360 degree turn is about 8-10% stiffness increase.
4) Once you have your height dialed in tighten down the tube lock washers again.

This pre-load in effect increases your swaybar reaction time, imagine the same principle as going to a stiffer setting on an after-market sway bar. If you don't have an after-market sway bar. Increasing the the height on the endlink in effect generates more force on the stock sway bar. Please note, the stock sway bar is flimsy and may not take the stress loads these endlinks can generate on it.

I have put the RACINGLINE endlinks through the ringer on my previous car and now on the Evo. They hold up to the HOTCHKIS sways like champs where the stock ones fail miserably.

TrackJunkie, thanks for the pics and being a guinea pig.

ENJOY.

TheNEWB

#3 ·
Hee hee. For anyone goin with upgraded sways you must invest in stronger endlinks. I found out the hard way at the track. First session out I bend the stock endlink. The next I brake it lol. Thanks again TheNEWB for installing them for me. TheNEWB has been putting these through their paces and still holds up. Next track day is in a few weeks so I'll post a review on these

#4 ·
I'll will say they are amazingly quick for response. Iv had the pleasure of runing both at two event and I'm very happy with this item. However....... Do not put on too much pre-load on street level tires. U can overdrive them very quickly with these endlinks.

Trackjunkie, how's cali life treating you? Go by HB_Speed's shop and thief me a GTR :)

#6 ·
Check your rear endlinks. We went out for one session in junkies car and the endlink bent. Second time around it broke.

My rear driver side bent on street driving. Mind you I have the hotchkis set on full stiff....... Still shows the inadequacy of the stock part.

#7 ·
These should be up on the website sometime later today according to Joe. Going to order a set...

now my question is...for the guys running a front swaybar...how are the stock endlinks holding up?

#8 ·
I'm running a prototype set of these on the front. So I never had too much opportunity to run the stock ones. The front design is essentially the same except the one joint is rotated 90*.

Going to have to hop under TrackJunkies car to see how his front stockers are holding up............should have done that when we did this install. :duh:

#9 ·
Ya man we will have to check the front before track day. And you know which corner I prolly broke the endlink :)

#10 ·
How much did those run you?

#11 ·
Thanks guys...definitely let me know how the front endlinks look.

#12 ·
My fronts were ok. Mind you I only had them for about a day with the hotchkis before I replaced them with the RACINGLINE prototypes :)

#13 · (Edited)
I will go check right now

Ok, just got back from looking. The back ones look the same as the day I took them off. I cant see the fronts but im sure they are good also. Mind you my settings are full stiff also

#14 ·
Spoke to Joe from RACINGLINE today. The endlinks are online but there are only a few sets available. :)

Now time for new tires to really test them out :)

#15 ·
Put more pre-load on the rears last night :-D !!!!!! Tee hee hee my car is soooooooo tail happy now :)

#18 ·
Run them on your car before the sway bars, you may end up not buying sway bars after just running these things.

#20 ·
wise words :rock:

But I did run the front endlinks on my last car (2005 Maxima) with huuge pre-load and it never snapped. Just had to make sure the bushings were well greased :D

#22 ·
Man take a look at the rear on the new STi. It's like the same size as my gf Honda civic. LOL!

#26 ·
Directly from their site

search racinglineperformance

2008+ EVO X Rear Endlinks
Our Products: 2008+ Lancer/Evo
SKU: EVX-R1
Weight: 0 lbs 11 ozs
Units in Stock: 4
Oem endlinks are weak and prone to failure on cars that are either lowered or have up graded swaybars. Racingline endlinks are stronger, more responsive and adjustable. These features allow for a longer life span, effective corner weighting, and improved sway control. More details...
Price (usd): $94.99

#27 ·
Ordered! I've been taking it easy on my car b/c I didn't want to break the endlinks, so I can't wait to drive the piss out of it with these babies.

#29 ·
COol, did you pre-load them to make them a bit longer then stock?

NEWB.

#32 ·
Anyone know how to get a hold of these people? I have called their no. since July 6th.I sent them an email as well thru their site and nothing. I am ready to place an order and need to know about stock as rear says out of stock. Any help appreciated!

#33 ·
Just got my new endlinks today! They look pretty darn solid, and it took about 2 weeks to get em.

#36 ·
Joe is the engineer, fabricator and the owner of racingline. Three jobs for the price of one :D

Only thing is they are shipped from Canada so they take a bit longer to get to the USA but in Canada shipping is pretty fast.

NEWB

#38 ·
Email him again for his paypal addy and have him ship u a set. Webiste is all jabroni.

Just try not to offer $25 for a $100 part LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.