Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

30psi? ASC OFF? SST OFF? Fixed!

26K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  MarkDuffy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Problem: When you run the stock 3bar sensor as soon as you hit 30psi the ASC system turns off, and if you have an SST the clutches will open up.

This sucks for SST people - obviously :) But it is also a PITA for guys that like to have the ASC system working.

Theory: I think I have found a piece of code that basically checks the MAP sensor and as soon as it goes over 4.56volts will stop sending torque information from the Engine-ECU to the ASC-ECU and TC-SST-ECU.

Fix: Add the following XML to your .xml file and then make the change.
Please ensure the current value matches 0x00E9 BEFORE changing and flashing to the car

526800xx, 526900xx, 53040007, 53040010, 54070007, 53050009, 52370024
Code:
<table name="ASC OFF, SST OFF Fix 0x00E9 -> 0x0100" category="Misc" address="53b0a" type="1D" scaling="Hex16"/>

55590007, 55570006, 55580006, 53040013
Code:
<table name="ASC OFF, SST OFF Fix 0x00E9 -> 0x0100" category="Misc" address="53b10" type="1D" scaling="Hex16"/>
This locations probably work for other ROMID's, so please report back if they work and I will add the ROMID to the list!

Cheers
D.

As always:
Happy with Tephra's help? donations always appreciated -> donations{at}globalshare{dot}net

#5 ·
you will still get it with ASC/OFF/OFF - you probably just didn't go past 30psi :)

#8 ·
I would like to test this out, under which category should we add this definition?

And I don't quite get this part:
Please ensure the current value matches 0x00E9 BEFORE changing and flashing to the car.

My Internal ID is 52690019 (Inherits from 52680015).

#9 ·
Once you add the XML, you will see a new section in EcuFlash related to this. The existing bits in that field should match whatever is posted. If they don't, most likely you are playing with an incompatible ROM for that XML and should wait till its figured out for that ROM.

#13 ·
It works, I have been testing it for a while :)

#14 ·
Sweetness...now I can run my daily tune over 30psi :)

I was going to keep it under that for daily, and then max power was going to do 35ish, but now 30 will probably be the norm, thank you Tephra!

#18 ·
Can you guys confirmed I did this correctly and the values match?

#22 ·
change to 0x100

#23 ·
^Does this look right?

#25 ·
Ahh, now we are getting somewhere.

Yes it is right now.

As silly as is sounds to us software guys, I should do a write up on Hex. Maybe throw a bit of Binary in there.

#28 ·
Has anyone else done this and confirmed SST would not give ASC light or release clutches at 28psi or more?

#30 ·
Sweet stuff! I`m going to re-tune back to 28psi with peace of mind =)

#39 ·
Reread his statement. Maxing out the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor is what opens your clutches.

What do you do? Either this disable, or turn the boost down. If your block is stock, your are going to blow it up with this kind of pressure.

#41 ·
yeh I think he means he isn't hitting 30psi, but is going past the tq limit for the ECU/SST

so he needs to tune his SST maps :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.