2008 Evo X GSR Salvage Project Car - Taking Offers!! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Non-Merchant Marketplace > Completed Transactions
Home Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Completed Transactions All For Sale & WTB threads that are completed are to be moved here for archival purposes.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
EvoEnthusiast
Just Spooling Up

2008 Evo X GSR Salvage Project Car - Taking Offers!!

EDIT: Car sold and shipped on 6/7/2011. Thread has served its purpose and this thread can be closed. Sorry if I did not get back to you!

I started this thing originally with a general part-out of the stock stuff I was replacing on my car back in THIS thread, but since then had an accident which totaled my car. I have a modded 1994 NSX-R conversion sitting in the garage, and it needs all of my attention (and money ) at this time. I have no place to work on this vehicle, no matter how much I would love to just keep it myself.

Mitsubishi - Evolution
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (10)
  • Item ID: 130524895536
  • ZIP Code: 75093
  • Price: $10000.00 OR BEST OFFER!! I need a fast sale, so work with me and I will work with you!!
  • Description: I was hit going through an intersection by somebody running a red light on 2/21/2011. Technically, the other car was going so fast through the red light, that initially I struck it with the front passenger corner of the car against the driver-side door of the other car, which then spun-around and damaged both front and rear passenger-side doors. There IS some frame damage where the impact was the strongest. The drive belt was ripped during the impact, so the car will not currently start. The only fluid that drained from the car is the coolant from the damaged radiator. There was NO damage to the engine or transmission (consulted with JoTech on the matter).
What the car has:
  • Stock motor
  • Stock 5-speed transmission
  • Stock clutch with NO slippage AT ALL (I have a heavy foot, but I have yet to fry a clutch in any of my manual cars)
  • Stock turbo
  • Stock intercooler (saved in the garage and included in the sale!)
  • NEW stock rear differential (had a defect in the original, and replaced about 500 mile before accident under factory warranty)
  • SSS package (Sight, Sound, and Spoiler)
  • Stock hood (preserved in great condition in my garage and included in the sale!)
  • Stock GSR wheels (NO DAMAGE AT ALL, and all 4 tires with greater than 75% tread left STILL holding air, 245/35/18 ZR-rated street/track tires)
  • Stock interior in great condition (not counting deployed airbags)
  • Perfectly working car electrical system and electronics!
  • 1000cc DW fuel injectors
  • Cosworth fuel rail
  • Bosch 255lph fuel pump
  • HKS SSQVIII BOV
  • Cobb downpipe
  • HKS Hi-Power dual exhaust
  • About 50% of a fuel tank filled with e85
  • Copies of service records so that you know where the car has been
  • Optional (may or may not include in the sale depending on the price): Cobb AccessPort with my own unique pro-tuned maps for 93 oct and e85 (I can also just email you the maps minus the AccessPort)
What it needs:
  • Frame work at the front of the car (in front of the engine and suspension components)
  • Radiator
  • Intercooler piping
  • Air intake (not 100% sure, but it may need to be replaced, also depending on the type of BOV you plan to run)
  • New drive belt (I'm NOT talking about the timing chain, only the accessory belt, as seen in the pictures)
  • Headlights (HID or otherwise)
  • Front bumper
  • Both front fenders
  • New steering wheel, passenger side curtain, and front driver knee airbags (unless you plan to take them out for track purposes!)
  • Front and rear passenger doors (there are some really sweet Carbon Fiber doors available for this vehicle from several online retailers)
  • Front passenger window (that's the only one that broke)
  • Side skirts?... not too sure... to me they looked fine, although it looks like one of them maybe have a mark on the impact side.
That sound like about it. The BIG stock spoiler, OEM hood, and even your choice of a CF or OEM leather shift knob are stored at my house away from itchy fingers, but will be included in the sale to make your life easier.

I have no doubt this would make a great track car, especially if it lost some weight. I highly recommend carbon fiber components, although I have to say that the stock OEM aluminum hood and fenders really don't weigh THAT much more than the Carbon Fiber ones I had on the car. Replacing those doors, on the other hand, would save quite a bit of weight where it counts.

For the record, this car made 371awhp and 411awft/lbs of torque on an all-wheel dyno at Cobb Tunning of Plano with the custom e85 tune. Not many stock cars can do that, not to mention as safely and reliably as this car did it. Sub 3-second 0-60 times and solid mid/high 11-second quarter mile times. Driving like a sane person will net you 23-26mph in the city on e85, while driving like a mad man will net you as low as 12mpg. It WILL reach 180mph (on a track!).
See this Item on eBay
  • Stock turbo
  • Stock transmission
  • Full intake/intercooler upgrades, full DP/exhaust (w/cat!), 1000cc injectors, 255 lhp pump, full-time e85
  • Pro-tune by Cobb Tuning
Current power on a Mustang Dyno: 371 awhp, 411 awft/lbs tq

Last edited by EvoEnthusiast; 06-13-2011 at 06:35 PM.
EvoEnthusiast is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
InfantryMP
[Administrator]
[Local Team Member]
[Powder Coating Guru]

are you willing to part with the exhaust and BOV seperate?
InfantryMP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
MrPurpleEvo
Rene

ouch!!! sorry for the car...glad your okay though

MrPurpleEvo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
Eyler_Evo_X
[Global Mod]

I know you're selling as salvage, but if you have the hard piping for the HKS BOV and are willing to sell it I will love you forever. Shoot me a PM if you want to, if not, good luck, man.
I miss pre-mod Eyler. I say we start a campaign to return Eyler to his pre-mod glory, eloquent passes at me, random acts of empathy and grammar nazi-ing, while still modding. We'll call it Eyler: Back to Stock 2014. Yeah that will work. We need a movie poster of it.
Eyler_Evo_X is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
markd99
n00b

PM'ed
markd99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
EvoEnthusiast
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyler_Evo_X View Post
I know you're selling as salvage, but if you have the hard piping for the HKS BOV and are willing to sell it I will love you forever. Shoot me a PM if you want to, if not, good luck, man.
The only way the BOV survived was by popping out of the pipe, which unfortunatly did not do as well. The intercooler and the up-pipe are unusable now.
  • Stock turbo
  • Stock transmission
  • Full intake/intercooler upgrades, full DP/exhaust (w/cat!), 1000cc injectors, 255 lhp pump, full-time e85
  • Pro-tune by Cobb Tuning
Current power on a Mustang Dyno: 371 awhp, 411 awft/lbs tq
EvoEnthusiast is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Eyler_Evo_X
[Global Mod]

Noooooooooo!

I have the SSQV3 and all I need is that extra pipe. Oh well, thanks for letting me know, man.
I miss pre-mod Eyler. I say we start a campaign to return Eyler to his pre-mod glory, eloquent passes at me, random acts of empathy and grammar nazi-ing, while still modding. We'll call it Eyler: Back to Stock 2014. Yeah that will work. We need a movie poster of it.
Eyler_Evo_X is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement