Road Track Rally - Time Attack X - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Build Journals
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Build Journals Build journals specifically for the Evo X. One thread per build. Be sure to read the sticky.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
XArmy
Forum Lackey

Nice write up and @ MarkM wow!

RR 2008 MR
ETS 3.5 FMIC, ETS UICP, ETS LICP |Cobb Access Port, turbo inlet | AEM intake w/K&N filter | Agency Power Turboback Exhaust | AMS O2 eliminator DP | P&P stock mani | Cobb XLE BPV
XArmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
jyamona
Forum Lackey

wow, those rod pics are downright scary haha... McCoy, you were up to 465whp...Mark, wbu?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

yeah, you made 465 on the stock block and turbo? impressive!

What is the benefit of removing the backing plates off the front rotors? Just curious. I assume they're just there for brake dust reasons and removing them improves cooling?

FOR SALE: MINT CONDITION 8K Miles PB EVO X GSR

---------------------------MY BUILD THREAD--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #14
justin81
X-phile

subd. awesome thread
Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
HappyMint
Forum Addict

Woah so after a few track days the rods were bent like that!?? With just basic bolt ons? What exactly was done to the car (mod wise) during these track days?

Build thread with lots of vids:
The Evo X to S2k Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #16
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

lol, i don't get the impression that was only a "few" track days. and at 400+whp

FOR SALE: MINT CONDITION 8K Miles PB EVO X GSR

---------------------------MY BUILD THREAD--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
HappyMint
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1130 View Post
lol, i don't get the impression that was only a "few" track days. and at 400+whp
Well how many track days then? :P

Build thread with lots of vids:
The Evo X to S2k Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #18
McCoy
[X Transmission/AWC Mod]

Thanks for support blokes, glad you like the car so far!

To answer a few questions, the car made 347kW at the wheels (465whp) with just bolts on's consisting or an FP Red, Pon Cams etc. The car was running E85 hence the decent power figure. It was around 400whp on 98 (which is just shy of your 93, probably about 92.5). Yes the block is stock, as is the head and the intake. It actually made that power just using a Cosworth drop in filter which I always found amusing. Of course, all that is going to change soon enough.

In regards to removing the front backing plates? The manufacturer makes the car for all sorts of different climates and domestic markets, so the backing plates for the rotors are there for a few reasons, but stopping dust wouldn't be one of them. The plates would keep heat into your brakes in cold climates with ice and snow, they would also assist in keeping stones out of your brakes. But from experience in our climate (no snow to speak of and rarely black ice) they are a complete waste of time, only holding in heat and it's heat you want to remove. The golden rule to remember is your brakes don't stop your car, your tyres do. Your brakes are there to remove heat, improve that process and things will only get better for you! For guys that are going to really use their brakes, this free upgrade is one well worth doing. For the most part a pad and fluid change, addition of brake cooling scoops and removing the front backing plates would be more than enough for most Evo owners. Motorsport (track dependent) is a different story of course.

As for stones being caught up in the caliper, pad or rotor... I'm yet to see it. Even in a Motorsport application like a Tarmac Rally where you are using the entire width of both lanes plus the 'washout' that is at either extremity of the road which is usually very gravely as such, I still haven't seen it.

As for how many track days? I'm not sure, we lost count. Over 20 under 30 maybe? Some of those were more than a single day event, as an example the 'Bathurst Experience' is held over several days, as is the Evo Nationals. The car was just to be used as a daily driven car that could occasionally do a few track days a year, but of course I think we all knew that was never going to happen. It's pretty had to show restraint with a car like the Evo X.

http://www.facebook.com/RoadTrackRally
My name is Dan Got a question? Send a PM.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Removing the backing plate really is a great free mod if you autoX or track your car
chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #20
Demon X
[Local Team Member]
aka JDAVID-EVO X

sick builld

E85**Powered**WHP**XXX
AMS TURBO KIT Done! Engine build in process..

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"

R.I.P M.LOMKER
R.I.P PAUL WALKER
Demon X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement