Transfer case rebuild parts - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System
Home Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System Discussion for transmission, axle, driveshaft, and related systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
michty_me

Transfer case rebuild parts

I have had a whine from my transfer box for approx a year now. We decided to strip the case and found this.

A few traders in the UK and I have tried many places world wide and failed in sourcing crown wheel and pinions. We have been told that parts are simply not made for rebuilding the Evo X transfer case.

Are there any parts like this available in the US or is a case of tough luck and get a new one?

Many thanks
michty_me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
evo_xtatic
Just Spooling Up

Doesn't Shep or Jack's rebuild Evo X transfer cases? I'm on my 2nd one now (0 launches on this one), but have a nice 100lb door weight in my garage I'd like to get bullet proof. Someone out there HAS to have a built T-case. If so, chime in with who did it and how much.
evo_xtatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Demi
Forum Lackey

I talked to jacks. They don't beef them up. They said the only thing that kills em is not being filled to start with or the wrong fluid.
Demi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Contact Sheptrans in Ohio or Jack's transmissions in Colorado and ask them if there is something they can do for you. They do not have anything advertised IIRC, but doesn't mean they cannot/will not do it. Good luck mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
evo_xtatic
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi View Post
I talked to jacks. They don't beef them up. They said the only thing that kills em is not being filled to start with or the wrong fluid.
Yeah, not gonna go there with my story...anyways, I'll just wait until someone R&D's beefier parts.
evo_xtatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_xtatic View Post
Yeah, not gonna go there with my story...anyways, I'll just wait until someone R&D's beefier parts.
OK, now I'm piqued. Now you have to tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

Call Jacks and see if he can do you a set that have been cryo-treated and peened. That would be an upgrade

www.PrecisionViolence.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...013389?fref=ts
hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_X View Post
Call Jacks and see if he can do you a set that have been cryo-treated and peened. That would be an upgrade
They did say that they could do work to it if I wanted, but that I was unnecessary, so im sure they can help. I dont know anything about the actual cause im just repeating things.
Demi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
michty_me

Really sorry for not replying to this thread. I thought I would have got a thread reply notification. Apologies.

I spoke to Shep trans etc at the time and they said no one makes these parts for rebuilding as of yet. He also said that he has seen a few like this and it was due to wrong fluids.

Anyway, My tuner in the UK went around a car show asking many stands if they had a spare second hand transfer box and managed to track one down. We got one that had been removed as a car was being converted, Only had 2,000 miles on it so the car is all sorted and back on the road.
I've still got the damaged one so if anyone does make parts in the future, I can get it rebuilt.
michty_me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
DrivenFab
[Approved Merchant]
[Fractur3]

Jacks transmissions can rebuild it.
DrivenFab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement