AMS total build or other options BIG HP! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
alford35

AMS total build or other options BIG HP!

OK, I made a thread a while back when I first started looking at the Evo but a lot has changed since then. I put my GTR up for sale yesterday and am about to dive into an Evo feet first and hope to not end up on my head when its said and done! The ONLY reason I'm selling the GTR is because my son was just born and now need the space of a four door car as the GTR sucks a$$ when trying to get children in and out of the back seat. I've dealt with my 5 yr old daughter in the back for 2 years but now with 2 children it just isnt worth it anymore. Will buy another one after my children are out of car seats for sure as it is the best car I've ever owned by a long shot! Just all around fun and no problems what so ever. That brings up the big part of this thread, problems!

I want to build the Evo to the hilt of being able to jump in it and drive as far as I want to without a single worry. I've lurked on here from time to time as I've thought about trading my G35X for an Evo for a while and had a deal fall through at one point when was ready to pull the trigger.

Here is what I'm thinking as of tonight.

AMS 450-500awhp package parts, install, and labor from them.

750R Turbo kit AMS EVO X 750R Turbo kit
A/R: .64
Intake Pipe: MAF
BOV Recirc: Yes
Finish: Black Wrinkle Coated
Wastegate Recirc: Yes
Wastegate Color: Silver

ID1000-EVO X Injector Dynamics 1000cc High Impedance Injector Set
(4) EVO X [need PnP adapters]

009-00-0156 Boomba Evo X 255 lph Single Pump In Tank Fuel
System (includes Walbro pump)

Intake*BLACK W... AMS-EVO X Performance Intake with Black Powder
coat Finish** WITH BUNGS** A0053A-4A

FMIC 2010+ AMS EVO X Front Mount intercooler (model Year
2010+)

UICP *BLACK* AMS EVO X Upper Intercooler pipe / hot pipe powder
coated black

1 LICP *BLACK* AMS EVO X Lower IC pipe in *BLACK*

Single Tip Turbo ... AMS EVO X Single Tip Turbo Back Exhaust with
resonated Test Pipe / A0219B-1A

1 057033 GrimmSpeed Mitsubishi Boost Control Solenoid EVO X

30-4100 AEM Wideband Air/Fuel UEGO Gauge Kit, Gauge Type:
Digital

1 2121 Auto Meter Carbon Fiber Gauge Cup, 52mm

1 Exedy MM062HD... Exedy EVO X Twin Metallic HD Clutch kit

5 RED50304 MT-90 Redline MT-90 gear lube, QUART

Could go with the AMS TDX 2.4 kit

Engine
  • AMS Big Bore Stroker 2.4L Short Block
  • AMS EVO X CNC Cylinder Head
  • Ferrea Valve Train
  • AMS TMP Cams
Turbo/Intercooler/Exhaust
  • AMS 900XP Turbo Kit
  • AMS Boost Control Solenoid Kit
  • AMS Front Mount Intercooler
  • AMS Intercooler Piping
  • Tial QR Blow Off Valve
  • AMS 3 Racing Series Exhaust
Fuel System
  • AMS 900HP Fuel System
  • FIC 1100cc Injectors
Drivetrain
  • Exedy/AMS Triple Metallic Push Style Clutch
  • AMS Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade
  • AMS Stainless Steel Clutch Line
  • AMS Complete Shifter Bushing Set
  • AMS Full Polyurethane Engine Mount KitExclusive Benefits
    • The ultimate turn-key solution for unmatched power and performance!
    • Race-proven AMS parts found at the core of our Championship winning Time Attack EVO X
    • Streetable horsepower that is optimized for road racing
    • 700 HP & 400ft.lbs. of torque on 93 octane pump gas
    • 850+ HP & 500+ft.lbs. of torque achievable on race fuel

Havent talked to them about this kit as of yet but have a litte with option 1. How will the trans hold up with this kit as they say its a "turn-key solution for power and performance"? Will there be a need for other mods with this kit? If I went with this kit I would want it to be as reliable as possible! I'm not the type to WOT from stop light to stop light but do like to get thrown into the seat quite often. I wont be going to the strip or road course ever! This will be a car that may take me to the grocery or 2 hour trip to watch a sporting event. Hell maybe even drive to pick up my daughter 4 hours away. My final decision will be reliability vs hp! If I have to settle for 500awhp to satisfy my reliability needs then that is what will have to be done. The TDX2.4 kit would be pretty much at the top of what I'd be willing to spend so that leaves option 3.

Completely unkown but could spend around $26k give or take for a complete package that would get me the piece of mind that I'll never be on the side of the road for a "major" reason. I understand some things can happen but I dont want small things happening all the time, especially when AMS or any other shop that might be doing this build would be hours upon hours away. Thats why option 1 is on the list, because it should be very very reliable. If staying with 450-500hp is what it will take then that is what I'll do but I'd really like an animal thats as reliable as my GTR.

So, any and all suggestions and links would be great! Like I've said, I've lurked on here for a while but there is only so much I can pick out to read and then only a small percent of that is even helpful when talking about my needs.

Oh, and I know some type of suspension will be wanted but that is the last thing I'm worried about right now. That can be done by just about anyone. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
alford35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
pistolpete69916
Forum Addict

What the fuck? You sold your GTR, for an Evo - specifically because you have kids and wanted it to make it easier for them to get in/out? Thats the ONLY reason?

What. The. Fuck.
pistolpete69916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
godalmighty
n00b

This is a terrible solution to a non-existant problem, therefore, I will give you a nonsensical piece of advice. Sell your children.
godalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
anasmak11
Just Spooling Up

u could just buy a daily driver and keep the GTR. but if u want an evo, I would go with option 1, or a BB red with supporting mods.
MHI Turbo
anasmak11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Jkapinos
X-phile

Call Dan at AMS and talk to him. But a 2 liter motor making 500 HP will never be super reliable.
Jkapinos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
4-D
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkapinos View Post
Call Dan at AMS and talk to him. But a 2 liter motor making 500 HP will never be super reliable.
Jeremy's car has been reliable and I believe he's still on a 2.0L. Depends who builds your engine, tuning etc

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109226

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
RREVO
Just Spooling Up

It is easy to sell a GTR and get money. It is hell trying to sell a evo with $15k-$25K in a build. You can kiss that money goodbye. Maybe another manufacturer like Audi might be better. Get an RS4 or a RS6 instead and get it tuned. Look at Moscow Unlimited videos they are F***'N Nuts!!! I wanted a 997 TT or a Nice 996 TT and thats where the car seat did not fit!!! GTR's are big inside compared to Porsche's!!!
RREVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
justin81
X-phile

If your dead set on a Evo get a fully built 9.

If your dead set of a Evo X leave it 100% stock

If your smart go get a m3 or c63.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
EvolutionX
Just Spooling Up

Why not get a daily for the price you are going to pay AMS to do all that work on the evo? It is going to cost you $15k to $25 maybe more depending what you are getting done. You should be able to get a very nice daily for ~$20k.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
Frankiago
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionX View Post
Why not get a daily for the price you are going to pay AMS to do all that work on the evo? It is going to cost you $15k to $25 maybe more depending what you are getting done. You should be able to get a very nice daily for ~$20k.
He wants a daily with balls. Might I recommend a 335i?

Octane Blue is faster than Blue By You
Frankiago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement