*Official I Have a Wing Thread* (Wingless not allowed) - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
joshesevo22
Forum Lackey

So who can point me in the right direction for actual use of the wing for the track?? Which one to go with? I know voltex would be the best bet, but i cant see myself spending $2500 on a wing any time soon.
joshesevo22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
Eyler_Evo_X
[Global Mod]

Everybody's gonna say Aeromotions so that's what'll probably win out. I like the APR as well.
I miss pre-mod Eyler. I say we start a campaign to return Eyler to his pre-mod glory, eloquent passes at me, random acts of empathy and grammar nazi-ing, while still modding. We'll call it Eyler: Back to Stock 2014. Yeah that will work. We need a movie poster of it.
Eyler_Evo_X is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
DrasticK
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshesevo22 View Post
So who can point me in the right direction for actual use of the wing for the track?? Which one to go with? I know voltex would be the best bet, but i cant see myself spending $2500 on a wing any time soon.
Aeromotions would be a better functional wing, but some may prefer the Voltex's 3d styling. I prefer the cleaner look of the Aeromotions, but that's all personal opinion. It's upgradable as well if you ever want to step it up another notch and go active. A bit cheaper then the Voltex if it's 2500$.
DrasticK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
raytrix
Forum Lackey

2 years ago you could of gotten a brand new Voltex wing for $1600 shipped. Now because of inflation and the rising yen, they cost $2500 shipped. If I ever sell any of the Voltex wings or any JDM wings for that matter, I'll be making profit.
raytrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
4-D
Forum Addict

Drastick does it use the same holes as the SSS wing? I wanna get one for the track but I want to swap it out for the street.

(2.2L 750xp MR w/ Accusump OS. by PRS Motorsports):

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109226

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
pdacton
Just Spooling Up

For the track, how do you balance the extra rear downforce from the wing? Doesn't it make the car much lighter in the front, particularly on high speed turns? Without something at the front to balance the extra rear downforce, isn't the car is going to get very understeery? Do you run a front splitter and/or canards to add front downforce?
pdacton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
DrasticK
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-D View Post
Drastick does it use the same holes as the SSS wing? I wanna get one for the track but I want to swap it out for the street.
I do believe with the SSS wing you have to drill at least 1 more hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdacton View Post
For the track, how do you balance the extra rear downforce from the wing? Doesn't it make the car much lighter in the front, particularly on high speed turns? Without something at the front to balance the extra rear downforce, isn't the car is going to get very understeery? Do you run a front splitter and/or canards to add front downforce?
Yea, you'll want a splitter to run with a wing or go with a mild angle of attack. I'll be throwing a splitter on when I get the car back, one of the hundreds of things I have to do to it.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
4-D
Forum Addict

Hopefully that one hole won't show when the spoilers are swapped...

What splitter do you plan on going with? APR?

Was thinking an APR splitter with some varis canards would be good for the downforce on the front end.

(2.2L 750xp MR w/ Accusump OS. by PRS Motorsports):

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109226

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
DrasticK
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-D View Post
Hopefully that one hole won't show when the spoilers are swapped...

What splitter do you plan on going with? APR?

Was thinking an APR splitter with some varis canards would be good for the downforce on the front end.
I was going to go with the APR one when I had my APR lip, but now I have the Voltex lip and will be making my own. Trace the lip, cut it out, make sure it's as long as the under tray and mount it on the inner structure only.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #20
djmac
X-phile

ARK Performance, DBA, StopTech, Injen, Enkei, APR, Apex'i, Touge Factory, Stance, Varis, Competition Clutch, Schroth, Blox, Rally Armor, TWM, Muteki

Sponsored by BTRcc / Piston Graphics.
djmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement