Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

DSG/Demi's Time Attack Build!! Now in HD!

43K views 380 replies 60 participants last post by  orange09ralliart 
#1 · (Edited)
Well some of you know that I grenaded my old turbo and was left with the option of replacing it or going balls out crazy over the top and eating ramen noodle for a year. Because Sean at DSG is the kind of friend who likes to thinks that food is overrated and boost contains all the vitamins and nutrients a growing boy needs (he's right), we got cracking. I wasnt going to throw this thread up until all was said and done, but I'm too excited not to share.

Mods:

Motor
ACT StreetLite Flywheel
AMS Performance “TMP” Camshafts
HKS M-Series Super Fire Racing Spark Plug M45XL
CP Slugs and rods (overbore)
Sleeves (Im tired and cant remember)
Manly Crankshaft
Cosworth High Volume Fuel Rail Kit
Ferrea Dual Valve Spring & Retainer Kit
Ferrea Competition Plus +1 Valve Kit (600HP +)
AMS Performance Polyurethane Transmission Side Motor Mount
AMS Performance Polyurethane Front Motor Mount
AMS Performance Polyurethane Cam Side Motor Mount
FIC 1100cc Injectors
Okada Projects Plasma Direct COP System
Mishimoto X-Line Radiator 3-Pass
ARK Performance Test Pipe W/Additional 02 Bung
Perrin Stealth back Exhaust

Turbo and shit
AMS Performance 750XP Billet V-Band Turbo Kit
AMS Performance Upper Intercooler Pipe / Hot Pipe & LICP Combo
DV Valve Evo X Kit Synaspe
Grimmspeed 3-port Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler Kit FMIC Stealth Black
AEM Gauge-Type Wideband UEGO Controller
AEM Boost Display Gauge
AEM Oil Temperature Display Gauge
Agency Power Carbon Fiber Gauge Pod

Suspension
Whiteline Rear Endlinks
Fortune Auto Dreadnought PRO Series 2-Way Adjustable Model
Limited Edition Brushed Anthracite Strut Bar
Whiteline Front Roll Center Adjustment Kit
Whiteline Adjustable Rear Control Arms
Whiteline 27mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

Brakes
EBC Red Stuff Front Brake Pads
EBC Red Stuff Rear Brake Pads
Girodisc Front Slotted 1pc Rotor Set
Girodisc Rear Slotted 1pc Rotor Set
AMS Stainless Steel Brake Line 4pc Kit
ATE Super Blue Brake fluid

Tranny
TWM Performance Hybrid M1 Abrams Shift Knob
AMS Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade Kit
TWM Performance Full Replacement Short throw Shift Kit and bushings
Clutch Masters Stage 4 FX400 Clutch Kit
Redline alacarta shift boot
Shep full rebuild and beef up and diff upgrades

Im sure Im forgetting some stuff but thats the big ones anyway. On to the pictures!!!

Quarter for scale

Special thanks:
Sean and all the crew at DSG. The really do offer more than customer service. They fucking rock out loud. This build is theirs as much as it is mine. Sean you are awesome. If you need something, give sean a ring. His crew know their shit and will do unspeakable things to get the best prices around. I didnt ask for details but the prices fucking rock.

AMS: You guys are unbelievable. Thanks for the support and awesome gear.

Hollywood. This poor guy has answered more questions for me than anyone should have to. Thanks a bunch man. If we ever meet up the beer is on me.

Stark Industry's, Happy Mint and the whole Dragon crew. I was loosing the faith after not driving for so long, and debating half assing some of the parts. These guys gave me the morale boost I needed to see this shit through. Mint even went as far as to let me drive his bad ass X to remind me what I was working for. Thanks guys!

Wrench Spin crew AKA Ziptie Racing.
Shawn Burch and Krimsin. These guys helped get the car ready to head up to the shop and spent all hours of the day turning wrenches with me and except beer as payment. Thanks guys! First ride goes to you guys.

TopSpeed Motor Sports in ATL. These guys have bent over backwards and continue to do so to get this shit on the track. Stand up crew. Special thanks to Mark for keeping me sane and dealing with me on nearly a daily basis to give me updates and photos. Awesome guys. Highly recommended shop.

More updates as they come, including dynos, more pics, drag slips, lap times, and tons of videos.

See less See more
#13 ·
Very quality parts for your build. Good luck, brah, and keep us updated. Meticulously updated.

#15 ·
Sick build, very nice parts.

You can ditch the Okadas and plugs though, wont do much for ya, if anything.

I would also recommend sticking with the oem flywheel. No real benefit to a lighweight one, in our case, as oem is pretty light already. the lightweight will throw the p0300 code frequently as well, and an OEM makes for much nicer street driving (if its still being driven on the streets that is). Anyway, just my .02

#16 ·
Sick build, very nice parts.

You can ditch the Okadas and plugs though, wont do much for ya, if anything.
Yeah I have heard limited gains, but Ive also read that over 500hp they help through out the band. We will see what we get.

#27 ·
FINALLY! haha.

Wait, living off the wonderful smell of exhaust fumes from your turbo ISN'T okay? :D

Dude, you are absolutely most f*n welcome! This was fun as hell to put together with you and the anticipation for you to get all the parts in has been freakin killing me. One hell of a build, couldn't be happier for ya - the Evo is going to fn' rock.

Get her on the road and rip some shit up!

#28 · (Edited)
Lol, yeah if our guesses are even close with this 2.4 and 750xp, it should change the rotation of the earth at part throttle! Gonna get a few different tunes, 400hp for AutoX and rally cross, 550-6XX for road course and 600+ on race gas for...I dunno....time travel? LOL.

Looks like a nice build!
Damn Dino I forgot to give you a shout out! That valve cover up there came from Dino. Powder coated white. I wish I had some up close pictures of it. The work is fucking immaculate. Also I ordered it like on a friday and that shit was on my doorstep on like Wednesday! Dino also got me all set up with my relays that I needed. Speed Circuit fucking kicks ass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.