NEXT EVO not until at least 2016! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
dboz
Forum Lackey

NEXT EVO not until at least 2016!

If I am reading this correctly, they will start in 2013 to design the XI which will take 3 years to hit the market. So figure at least 4 years from now AT LEAST for the next EVO. Dunno, not feeling it. Enviro focused does not sound good.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ts-green-light

Hybrid Evo gets green light

Mitsubishi confirms cleaner, greener diesel-electric Evo XI; ready within three years

The next Mitsubishi Evo will be powered by a hybrid powertrain and will go on sale within three years, company president Osamu Masuko has confirmed to Autocar. Although Masuko did not reveal the full technical details, it is understood that the Evo XI will switch to a diesel-electric hybrid powertrain, saving it from tightening emissions regulations while preserving its trademark mid-range shove.
“We will start work on the project next year, and it will be ready within three,” said Masuko. “I have set the goal of developing a sporting car featuring electric power.”
See our image of the hybrid Mitsubishi Evo
It is hoped that the mix of diesel torque and electric motor will deliver a 0-62mph time of under five seconds, yet cut CO2 emissions to less than 200g/km.
The Evo XI will feature a revised version of the S-AWC four-wheel drive system, which integrates braking, steering and traction control.
The future of the Evo has been the subject of much debate this year. Senior management initially claimed it would be axed in favour of investing in electric vehicles, but it reversed this decision following a backlash from fans.
Masuko is believed to have made the decision after being persuaded that a halo model such as the Evo could have a positive effect on the entire Mitsubishi range, which is set to become increasingly environmentally focused.

Last edited by dboz; 08-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
dboz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Boarderjrs27
Just Spooling Up

That's saddening.
Boarderjrs27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Mr.X
[Local Team Member]

if its fast ill consider it, it should have a wide range of tuning from the community im sure of it

EMPIRE EVOLUTION

SPONSORED BY:

SPEEDCIRCUIT
MODERN AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE
RICKERMAN TUNING

WWW.SPEEDCIRCUIT.NET
WWW.MAPERFORMANCE.COM
Mr.X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
dboz
Forum Lackey

Hoping this was posted from 2011, then maybe still on track for 2014. This may be old news?

dboz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

The X will be the simple track whore, while the XI will be the DD. Oh, that sounds lovely indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
HappyMint
Forum Addict

I'm diggin it. I need a few years anyways b4 I'll be capable of buying another Evo! And by that time my current one will be so tracked I won't be able to DD it anymore

Build thread with lots of vids:
The Evo X to S2k Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
FA Master Gunner
Just Spooling Up

Evolution eventually grow on you over time, I hated the X but I own one now and love it, this is just an initial sketch of what it might look like, the production model will be much better, still it has a ton of potential looking just like this.
FA Master Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
r34p3rex
[Local Team Member]

Put a little faith in the diesel/electric hybrid guys! Who knows, maybe Mitsubishi will figure out how to make a high revving diesel in a few years. Imagine.. a ton of low end torque from the electric motor + diesel, and turbo for power up top

Could be beast of a car.. diesel technology has come a long way as has electric
agp. fmic ams. cmc kit | fpr kit apr. wind splitter | gtc-300 wing asnu. 1150cc injectors competition. stage 4 clutch | flywheel dw. dw300 enkei. pf01 evo 18x9.5 +22 sbk isc. n1 coilovers perrin. 3-port synapse. synchronic dv tomei. ti exhaust | ti test pipe varis. rear diffuser

sakura. intake | licp | licp | exhaust manifold | downpipe precision. pte 5858 cea v-band turbo tial. mv-r wastegate

E85 ARMY\\\
Instagram: pandapwr

r34p3rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
RobNice
Forum Lackey

It will look nothing like this.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
padme
Just Spooling Up

No ONe sells deisels in US. so it wont come here...
stupid ass diesel standards too much..no one would
want one anyways... just lie her die a slow death
now and just get it over with./.
padme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement