What Motorsports teach us on Daily Driven Evo's (Handling) - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
Home Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes General discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #21
MikeM
Just Spooling Up

I am running 2.0 in the front and 1.5 in the back and i love it. car is much more responsive. cant wait for your Sway bar thoughts. I really enjoy reading your posts.

I know the pieces fit.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
HAHAV8
X-phile

So anyone have any insight on my alignment?

For other people running 0 toe all around, is it pretty easy to get your ASC to kick on if you push it in a corner semi-hard? I did not like that, since I keep ASC on while driving normally, it is extremely annoying to be interrupted by ASC while not even pushing the car that hard.
HAHAV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #23
Og Neon
Just Spooling Up

Good thread Exyia! Good info and wish I had read years ago before coming to similar conclusion but in a more costly fashion...lol.
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #24
pistolpete69916
Forum Addict

Vorshlag for the win, i like mine
pistolpete69916 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #25
AdhesiveTeflon
X-phile

How about the impact of sway bars and strut braces and lowered ride height on handling for the evo x?
AdhesiveTeflon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #26
Exyia
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHAV8 View Post
So anyone have any insight on my alignment?

For other people running 0 toe all around, is it pretty easy to get your ASC to kick on if you push it in a corner semi-hard? I did not like that, since I keep ASC on while driving normally, it is extremely annoying to be interrupted by ASC while not even pushing the car that hard.
not enough camber could cause this (since you didn't mention it), as ASC kicks in anytime there is a severe loss of wheel speed/traction. rolling on the shoulder of a tire could cause this

but ASC in general is VERY easy to trigger in our cars. Unlike other AWD cars, the Evo X's system is 100% active. It is ALWAYS working on all 4 wheels. Any time even one wheel lifts/loses traction/etc, it WILL trigger. That's just the nature of our advanced system. Other cars simply keep on chugging, but the Evo X will recognize such changes, even if they're only for a split second. If I approach my driveway at a bad angle, one of my tires is airborne and it triggers ASC.

Also ASC cuts throttle, which is arguably more dangerous sometimes. I prefer DD'ing with ASC one off - but two off is simply wreckless for the street imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Og Neon View Post
Good thread Exyia! Good info and wish I had read years ago before coming to similar conclusion but in a more costly fashion...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhesiveTeflon View Post
How about the impact of sway bars and strut braces and lowered ride height on handling for the evo x?
I'll get to that tomorrow probably. Will probably be bored at work while waiting for equipment to finish running.

Kozmic Motorsports
GTWorx / Race Comp Engineering
Forced Induction Development
Whiteline
Exyia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #27
alex the great
Just Spooling Up

Awesome info OP !

The obvious answer is your parts aren't JDM enough. The more JDM the more dragon like. And dragons breathe fire. Not a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaUnchi View Post
Ive been getting anal w Chad for years

AMS CAI ETS Titanium UICP ETS 3.5" FMIC ETS LICP COBB Downpipe AMS Resonated test pipe HKS Hi-power cat back Grimmspeed 3-port KW V3s Whiteline RSB WORK Kiwanis AEM gauges VOLTEX wing BakaUnchi tuned
alex the great is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
vilesyntax
X-phile

So what is the consensus on a DD Evo...with GT Worx Springs on the GSR shocks for alignment? My last alignment (attaching a pic of it), I had more wear on the outside of my tires than the inside. I just ordered some new Dunlop ZIIs and when I have them mounted/balanced I want to get another alignment to make the tread wear as even as possible!

-GrimmSpeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 3-Port
-ETS Intake,
Recirculated O2 Eliminator Downpipe, Test Pipe, V2 Exhaust
-Tuned by Dirk @ AWD Motorsports - 362/375
vilesyntax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #29
HPEVOX
X-phile

Ohlins. Camber: -2.5f/-1.5r Toe: 0 all around.
I understand how the rear alignment is controlled with the offset hole in the washer, the question is, who runs aftermarket rear alignment components instead of stock? I've heard the stock can move after you hit a few rumble strips or do some hard driving(autox). MRT mentioned it in one of their videos. I haven't had my rear checked after an autox season though, so I can't say. Anyone had their alignment checked after a while and see it has moved from where it was?
SM #25

GO: Inj intake, ETS 4" IC/UICP/LICP/CBE/HFC, FullRace manifold, MAP EF2, O2 elim DP, ID1000's, Walbro 255, Cobb AP ProTune, Grimmspeed 3-port, SC heat shield, Ohlins DFV (570/650), Whiteline RCK/RSB/end links, Jacks Tranny, ACT HD 6 puck sprung, Magnus CMC, AMS shifter bushings/SS lines, Ferodo DS2500, Girodisc 1pc slotted rotors, 265 RS3's/Gram Lights 57D's, RPF1s/275 Hoosiers
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #30
Og Neon
Just Spooling Up

My aftermarket alignment stuff has stayed put. I pulled out the stock alignment bolts and replaced them with exact fitting bolts from lowes. All my rear alignment is done via the camber and toe arms.
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement