ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
dafiro03
[Local Team Member]

ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE

Hey guys I'm on the fence with these CBE systems. I am looking for something deep rumble mellow at idle and low speeds yet growly at WOT. I pretend to keep the car civilized and not too obnoxious at highway cruise. I appreciate if anyone owns these to chime in with advise thanks for the support.
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
alsong2002
X-phile

ets v2 quiet is not quiet at all. it drones(its just my opinion).
i am acutally considering perrin too, but can find a good sound clip for it.
alsong2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Sydher

These were my top two choices when I was looking for an exhaust. I looked through countless youtube videos just to get an idea of how they would each sound. I searched through the forums about reviews of each system, obviously the Quiet V2 has a lot more presence on the boards than the Perrin. I liked how the Perrin sounded more, but unfortunately reviews on it are scarce, which made me consider the V2 just because of all the information about it. With that being said though, I found a used Perrin CBE from a forum member at a great price, I had to jump on it. I'm scheduled to have it installed later this week.

I can shoot a before and after video if that would help you out? As a side note, I will also be installing a CP-E Bellmouth Downpipe and a custom HFC with the exhaust.
Sydher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
dafiro03
[Local Team Member]

Re: ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydher View Post
These were my top two choices when I was looking for an exhaust. I looked through countless youtube videos just to get an idea of how they would each sound. I searched through the forums about reviews of each system, obviously the Quiet V2 has a lot more presence on the boards than the Perrin. I liked how the Perrin sounded more, but unfortunately reviews on it are scarce, which made me consider the V2 just because of all the information about it. With that being said though, I found a used Perrin CBE from a forum member at a great price, I had to jump on it. I'm scheduled to have it installed later this week.

I can shoot a before and after video if that would help you out? As a side note, I will also be installing a CP-E Bellmouth Downpipe and a custom HFC with the exhaust.
That would be great!!!! I wonder if the Perrin drones at gighway speeds? I will like to.go with.ams dp and hfc.. Perrin's cbe construtcio I would say is fairly similar to the v2 quiet... Is there any performance drawbacks between these?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Leezon
Forum Lackey

I got the V2 quiet installed a few months ago and love it. The car has a nice rumble on idle and an awesome rawr on WOT. On the highway it's not really much louder than stock unless you hit some boost.
2012 MR - MHI 18K Turbo - AEM E85 Pump - ID1000 - 3.5 IC - ETS CBE - ETS DP - ETS TP - ETS Intake - Speed Circuit UICP - Speed Circuit Heat Shield - Grimmspeed 3port - Innovate MTX-L - Defi Gauges - TurboSmart Dual Port Bov - H&R Springs - Varrstoen ES2s - Baka Tuned
Leezon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
alex the great
Just Spooling Up

If you want a quiet catback check the HKS Legamax. Looks really good, top quality and decent price and it's not supposed to be loud at all.

The obvious answer is your parts aren't JDM enough. The more JDM the more dragon like. And dragons breathe fire. Not a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaUnchi View Post
Ive been getting anal w Chad for years

AMS CAI ETS Titanium UICP ETS 3.5" FMIC ETS LICP COBB Downpipe AMS Resonated test pipe HKS Hi-power cat back Grimmspeed 3-port KW V3s Whiteline RSB WORK Kiwanis AEM gauges VOLTEX wing BakaUnchi tuned
alex the great is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
dafiro03
[Local Team Member]

Thanks for responses ^^
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
taylorsherk
X-phile

i have a perrin catback and i love it. mated up with the UR mini muffler test pipe and i have no drone on highway at 3500rpm (GSR) and it sounds like sex during WOT

TUNED BY CHET RICKERMAN on 91 octane
Installed: Perrin CB, UR mini muffler Test pipe, UICP, 3.5" FMIC, 3port, Harmon Motive Intake
Weds Sports SA-55M

Waiting: FP Red, MAP Long Runner, FIC900cc
taylorsherk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
Baller4u2nv
Just Spooling Up

I also have the Perrin CB with a CNT HFC and its not loud at all. Friends tell me its not loud when they drive next to me. It gives you a nice rumble when rpms are dropping too. Even though its cold in NY i put the Window down to hear it a little bit. Real nice sounding exhaust, and NO rattles either.
Baller4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
HAHAV8
X-phile

I have a Perrin TBE and it is very quiet while driving around, I've had cops behind me plenty of times and I never even worry about it.

It sounds great under WOT too, IMO one of the best sounding exhausts for the X.

Zero complaints. Not to mention you don't get the ricey tips like you do with some brands.
HAHAV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement