ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
dafiro03
[Local Team Member]

Re: ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE

Ahhh sound clips .. Stealth factor... Im leaning towards Perrin... Can I mate with AMS dp and HFC or their.resonated pipe.anyone running this set up or close?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #12
Sydher

Here's a quick little before & after video I put together. Unfortunately, it's not quite as parallel as I would've liked (in terms of camera placement, warm/cold start up), but it'll give you a slight idea.

Plus, I did say I was going with a HFC before, but I switched up at the last minute and went with a test pipe instead, this is probably noticeably louder than if you installed the catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDDFkDjF24

Hope this helps you
Sydher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #13
Natek
X-phile

I had a hfc with my Perrin exhaust and it wasnt very loud. Now that I have a testpipe its alot louder but I still love the sound of this exhaust, its also very well made and fits perfect.
FP Red BB, MAP Ported Ex Manifold, AMS Downpipe, Perrin CBE, Depo Testpipe, AMS Intake, Depo FMIC, Depo LICP, ETS UICP, Grimmspeed EBC, Synapse Dv, TWM Shifter & Cage, AEM Boost Gauge, AEM Wideband, Cobb AP, Blaqops Walbro 255, FIC 1100's, MAP Fpr, DSG Gauge Pod, H&R Springs, Work Kiwami 18x9.5 +20, Michelin PSS 265/35/18, Hollywood Tuned
Natek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
dafiro03
[Local Team Member]

Thanks for the input guys the video sounds nice man can't wait to hear it in person... I think Im installing the cat back first and UICP... later on HFC, CAI, 3 port and tune, taking it slow with only bolt ons for now..

Last edited by dafiro03; 03-03-2013 at 05:57 AM.
dafiro03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
MRufo
Just Spooling Up

Have the Perrin with ETS highflow and its perfect! No drone on highway.
Kw V3's
Vorshlag camber plates
Rex Speed air ducts
ST-43
Power Slot Rotors
Bronze Ce28n-street
Silver Rpf1-track 9.5 rim 265 R1's

English Racing Tune
Street/Auto X 356hp 320tq 25psi
Hpde Tune 330hp 300 23psi

'10 Mr Touring GG sold
'04 Nsx Sc 370 whp sold
'04 G35 Sport Package sold
'02 Wrx Wagon sold
'97 Mustang Cobra sold
MRufo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
morricus
Forum Lackey

I had the ETS quiet, zero drone on highway. Makes your car sound as close to a V8 as its gonna get at idle....it has a very nice rumble to it. Very high quality exhaust and ETS is outstanding to work with. I'd get this one in a heartbeat.
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers

Remember Rik84: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105105
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
EvoX_bv01
Forum Lackey

I would get the Perrin I had it and loved the sound!

Pending mods
PERFORMANCE
1. ETS open dump
2. ETS test pipe
3. Greddy Ti-c
4. ETS intake
5. ETS 3.5 ic
6. UR upper and lower pipes
7. 3 Port
8. ID 1000
9. AEM 320 fuel pump
VISUAL
1. Bronze RPF1s 18x10.5+15 with BF Goodrich 275/35/18
2. KWv3s coils
3. Jun rep lip
4. Aero skirts and bumper add on
5. Custom white eyes headlight projectors with amber side glow ( done by me )
6. Rexpeed vortex gen
EvoX_bv01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #18
ETS Michael
[Approved Merchant]

Sounds like our ETS V2 Quiet would be the perfect fit for you. No drone on the freeway or at cruise and a nice rumble at idle. Once opened up you can definitely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust. The noise really fits the Evo X perfectly. We also back it up with a lifetime warranty against any type of manufacturer defects. The exhaust system is built from stainless steel and mandrel bent here in house. If you are like me the exhaust noise as well as the look is important. We added a vband to rear of exhaust system so you can clock it side to side to line up perfectly. Some of the other exhaust systems on the market use a 2-bolt flange which put your exhaust in a fixed position and don't count for warn hangers.

Another key part about our exhaust is the fact we use a merge collector on the inside of the muffler. I'm not sure if Perrin does, but it helps direct air flow and eliminates excess turbulence.

We designed all our Evo X to be a factory replacement so you can bolt our exhaust directly to a factory cat if you wanted to as well as any other cat / test pipe that works with the factory components.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
ETS Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Boston_eagle
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
I had the ETS quiet, zero drone on highway. Makes your car sound as close to a V8 as its gonna get at idle....it has a very nice rumble to it. Very high quality exhaust and ETS is outstanding to work with. I'd get this one in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post
Sounds like our ETS V2 Quiet would be the perfect fit for you. No drone on the freeway or at cruise and a nice rumble at idle. Once opened up you can definitely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust. The noise really fits the Evo X perfectly. We also back it up with a lifetime warranty against any type of manufacturer defects. The exhaust system is built from stainless steel and mandrel bent here in house. If you are like me the exhaust noise as well as the look is important. We added a vband to rear of exhaust system so you can clock it side to side to line up perfectly. Some of the other exhaust systems on the market use a 2-bolt flange which put your exhaust in a fixed position and don't count for warn hangers.

Another key part about our exhaust is the fact we use a merge collector on the inside of the muffler. I'm not sure if Perrin does, but it helps direct air flow and eliminates excess turbulence.

We designed all our Evo X to be a factory replacement so you can bolt our exhaust directly to a factory cat if you wanted to as well as any other cat / test pipe that works with the factory components.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael

I have the ETS V2 Quiet and I love it. Good idle rumble, not loud enough to attract "unwanted attention", yet it opens up when WOT. Ordered it from Kaizen and had the EVO dyno tuned once it was installed and it sound great.

Good luck with your choice! Also on youtube if you search for it there are good "before" and "after" videos someone posted on the ETS V2 Quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttsumibishi View Post
The Colonel's new recipe is E85, bitches.
Boston_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #20
dafiro03
[Local Team Member]

Re: ETS V2 Quiet CBE VS Perrin CBE

Thanks mike great review and explanation man.. definitely a tough one ...

Has anyone experienced fading or any type of discoloration with the stealth Perrin cbe???!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Advertisement