Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Carbon Twin-disc or Carbon Triple-Disc

• [url]http://www.jdmhub.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=7_1553_16674&product_id=37808[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

Twin- or Triple- disc carbon clutch?

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Johnny_AppleSpeed 
#1 ·
I know the twin will more than serve my needs, I'm asking about the difference because I wanna know how the triple-disc feels on the pedal compared to a twin. If anybody can answer that for me, PROPS IN ADVANCE!!

What up y'all, I been behind the effing scenes like a groupie puppet master onna Jim Henson muppet set. DON'T HOLLA (I read this onna t-shirt somewhere--haha)???

#2 ·
Oh yeah, clamp load...there's two versions for each rendition of the twin- or triple- disc. One version has 20% more clamp load. I understand the concept and how it translates to more grip on when the clutch engages the flywheel. So what would be more beneficial? Or is it pretty much driver preference? I guess, the short question is...would going with the lesser clamp load cost sacrifice performance over ease of shifting? Or would more clamp load be better for faster shifting? I would think the latter 'cause it'd engage faster, right? Iunno, if somebody could take me to school on that, that'd be whassup!! P3@cE! y'all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.