EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums - Reply to Topic
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes > Need help!!
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes General discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:
Advertisement

Thread: Need help!! Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-26-2016 03:00 AM
Kornfan6589 ive run into this myself, dealer said it was normal, so as usual i ignored them and took out all my pads, sanded all of the edges just a little with 120 grit to get rid of any slightly jagged edges, then sanded them a little on a flat surface to the flat of the pad material. drove around for a little bid doing a bedding procedure and it was dead quiet for 20k miles.
08-09-2016 03:50 AM
thief Sounds to me like it could still be the pads. Even if they're not completely worn, could be the warning tab indicator sound you're hearing. With that many miles on it, it wouldn't hurt to pre-empt it anyway, in my opinion. Can only drive as fast as you can stop, you know?
08-08-2016 08:38 PM
Eagle503 you think it could be brakes then as well?
08-05-2016 01:54 AM
Eagle503 Sorry for late replys but here is the siund i was talking about
07-20-2016 02:26 AM
Yxd68
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanEvo2012 View Post
Yeah, but once you are scraping metal on metal, friction material is fully worn, brake performance suffers, no?
True - but that's not "worn" - that's totally gone and probably very close to piston(s) coming out. And it would be making REALLY LOUD noises way before that point.

Worn would be between sat 100% (new pads) and where the wear indicator tab (~20% remaining_ makes contact and lots of noise - or just below the minimum of about 5%. If the wear level is less than zero, then that's not really worn, No? More like totally gone and beyond dangerous.

In any case the first stop with 95% remaining will be the same as with 5% remaining. You just can't tell without removing wheels and looking/measuring. That's all I'm saying.
07-19-2016 11:46 PM
CanEvo2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post
How well the car stops is totally unrelated to how worn the friction material may be.
Yeah, but once you are scraping metal on metal, friction material is fully worn, brake performance suffers, no?
07-19-2016 10:40 PM
Yxd68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle503 View Post
almost 50k lolololol they still stop beautifully
How well the car stops is totally unrelated to how worn the friction material may be.
07-19-2016 10:39 PM
Yxd68
Quote:
Debatable, i had a bolt missing on one and it was doing it at <5mph when coasting to a stop.
That's what I call a poorly-maintained, literally falling-apart car.

This cannot happen in a properly maintained vehicle short of serious collision damage. And then it's not a properly maintained car if the collision damage wasn't repaired correctly.
07-19-2016 10:04 PM
L8 4WRK Mine did the same thing and it was just the pads
07-19-2016 09:19 PM
Eagle503 im gonna check right now cause i found A 10mm bolt stuck on my control arm lol
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.