Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Which looks better?

Evo X Style Vs Evo 9

5K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  Spiritech 
#1 ·
So my friend and me always arguing on Evo's style. He says that they f...ed up Evo's style by making Evo X. So he asked me if could make a thread here, i said sure. Make your votes for better looking car.

#6 · (Edited)
The X has a more upscale appearance, and that's one of the reasons it has attracted people, like me, who previously would only buy BMWs. The car is larger, but it also has a superior structure and safety. Also, especially in profile, it is simply much more aggressive looking. Previous Evos were based on what was, quite frankly, a pretty ugly little three-boxer with a greenhouse that was much too tall. Just my two cents.

Honestly, I bought the Evo because it's a car for people who like to drive, and although I still love Bimmers, you see yourself coming and going, and a lot of people buy them primarily for the spinner badge, and have no idea as to their handling capability. Every time I follow a 3- or 5- series through a turn, I keep thinking, "C'mon, dude, that car is way, way more capable than you!"

The Evo X is just, well, the shit!

#9 · (Edited)
I've always loved the look of the traditional Evos. I love the look of the X too, but as bold of a design as it is, I don't think it's as aggressive as the<X Evos. Put them side-by-side and the X looks watered down for what it is - an Evo. Don't get me wrong, the X is a beautiful car but I think it lost some of its aggressive rally look in the latest "evolution".

That being said, the IX is outdated and more immature (boy racer), which is one of the reasons I got an X. Main reason was that I wanted a brand new car, and I obviously didn't have that option with the IX.

The X is undoubtedly still an Evo though - it is badass. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's the Evo IX fanboys claiming the Evo is ruined and the X shouldn't be considered an Evo. Yes, the 4G63 is gone, but I think the 4B11 will be even better. (sorry, a little OT!)

But I must say...boy, is the X a head-turner - I can't get rid of the attention!

#10 ·
Ive always admired the EVOs performance, but I always thought they just looked to much like a Corrola, Civic, and Sentra with a big wing on the back. Then the X came out and I was finally taken by an EVOs look. Hell I got a parking ticket the other day and they Put BMW on the ticket. That would have never happen with a 9. If you debadged a 9 you are more likely to get a ticket that said corrolla on it. Just my 0.02

#17 ·
Since it is an IX MR vs. X MR I had to go with the IX hands down. There are two factors that lead me to that conclusion.

-The color coded hood and fender vents look like crap on every color except PB.

-The chrome on the grill and the door trim make me cry on all the colors.

Chrome has no place on a Evo as far as I am concerned. Hell it turns my stomach that my GSR's interior door handles, tabs on the air vents and shifter column have chrome on them.

Other than that the X is a much better looking car. The IX looks dated and slapped together in comparison.

It is as if the IX was built up around the old base lancer. The X looks as if it were built as the first thought in the design process (Oops that's because it was) and the new lancer was just stripped down to make a consumer friendly econobox to make volume sales happen for Mitsubishi. Has anyone else noticed how disproportioned the new Lancer's belt line is?

#18 ·
I never owned an EVO 8 or 9, but I always had, and still do have lots of respect for them. But there are plenty of 8 and 9 owners out there that will wind up being "late bandwagon jumpers" in a couple years once nice previous gen evo's become hard to find in the used car market.

As far as I'm concerned the X is head and shoulders a better car than any previous evo, but it will take some time for the rest of the world to realize it.

#23 ·
Ive owned the CT9A vii-ix and the CT9A's IMO looked cheap no matter how much C-West kits or Voltexs GT wings you added it still looked like a fixed up honda to many people. From the side view it looked gay, but the front end and back end is where the CT9A looked best. Now the new chassis CZ4A= Evo X it looks good all around front,back, side to side underneath inside everywhere its just a nicer looking car. Also I noticed its more Aero friendly at higher speeds and hugs the canyons better IMO. :shades:

#24 ·
To me the biggest weakness is the rear end of the X. It looks like a IS350 or a Mazda 3. It still looks better the the IX to me, but he rear makes it look a little less edgy and more econo boxy. Still to me the IX is the king of the mountain when it comes to the econo box look though. No matter how much you try it still looks cheap to me.

#25 ·
To me the biggest weakness is the rear end of the X. It looks like a IS350 or a Mazda 3. It still looks better the the IX to me, but he rear makes it look a little less edgy and more econo boxy. Still to me the IX is the king of the mountain when it comes to the econo box look though. No matter how much you try it still looks cheap to me.
:+1: But it still looks better than 9TH Gen Evos, just like you said.

#26 ·
Ima go with the x but i love the look of the 9 & 8 especially with the jdm rear bumper. I dont know how anyone can say that the old evos are ugly.alot of people i know like the old evos better it all depends what crowd your around.the older ppl like the new evo and the younger ppl like the older version.i could care less about luxury or what ppl thought about my car im in it for performance.

#28 ·
Ima go with the x but i love the look of the 9 & 8 especially with the jdm rear bumper. I dont know how anyone can say that the old evos are ugly.alot of people i know like the old evos better it all depends what crowd your around.the older ppl like the new evo and the younger ppl like the older version.i could care less about luxury or what ppl thought about my car im in it for performance.
I don't think anyone said the evo 9 or 8is ugly . I still like them, i like all Evos starting with evo iv and up.

#29 ·
Why do people always make the cars seem like enemies or something, theyre both the same thing essentially, not made to compete with each other.

Typical Americans to just think of the 9 and 10, since the ones before that were American-Focussed and crappy.

The Evo 5 Japaneise one is amazing.

The 9 is a better car, better looking and more "Raw" and Focussed than the X.

The X is an amazing car though, Looks sexy. :hititsign:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.