EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums (https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vland LED Headlights install (https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387233)

csilva9857 11-27-2017 08:38 PM

Vland LED Headlights install

Hey guys,

So I ordered the Vland LED Audi style headlights for my X and have no idea how to install them. I have the SSS package on my car that already has the dual beam projector HID's so I take it that might have something to do with why it's so difficult to figure them out. Has anybody bought these headlights and tried to install them with the SSS projector headlights already installed? Just lookin for some input and guidance from somebody who's already tried this.

Thanks

nespi13 11-29-2017 05:42 AM

I just ordered them as well, they don't fit the sss models

rico05 11-29-2017 11:48 AM

I have the SSS headlights and all I did was use the part of the harness that plugs right in and left the other half that controls the headlight vertical adjusters unhooked. Worked just fine. Even used the shitty HIDs that came with them. I have since upgraded. But it worked.

nespi13 11-29-2017 07:06 PM

No response from the seller, I got the plugs in with force, how does the bulb holder work?

anthonyn 02-21-2018 05:58 PM

hey, so how did the vland headlights work out for you guys??? did it end up fitting and working correctly?

turismolover22 02-21-2018 09:39 PM

Also, for anyone who has these, how is the light output? I heard there is no Hi Beam in these as well. Whats the word on the street

jmatta33 06-26-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico05 (Post 6068257)
I have the SSS headlights and all I did was use the part of the harness that plugs right in and left the other half that controls the headlight vertical adjusters unhooked. Worked just fine. Even used the shitty HIDs that came with them. I have since upgraded. But it worked.

So they fit, it just renders the leveling system obsolete? Also what HIDs did you end up going with? I want to get these and the tails for my FE...

RoCcy_MiyaGi 06-06-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatta33 (Post 6118092)
So they fit, it just renders the leveling system obsolete? Also what HIDs did you end up going with? I want to get these and the tails for my FE...

There is a way to incorporate your factory leveling motor but it requires opening the headlight. Iím compiling parts to do a write up on how to so & also solve the turn signal/drl conflicts (drl being too bright making it hard to see the turn signal)

DoubleClutch 06-07-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoCcy_MiyaGi (Post 6130750)
There is a way to incorporate your factory leveling motor but it requires opening the headlight. Iím compiling parts to do a write up on how to so & also solve the turn signal/drl conflicts (drl being too bright making it hard to see the turn signal)

Very interested in both of these fixes!

RoCcy_MiyaGi 06-09-2019 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleClutch (Post 6130804)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoCcy_MiyaGi (Post 6130750)
There is a way to incorporate your factory leveling motor but it requires opening the headlight. I’m compiling parts to do a write up on how to so & also solve the turn signal/drl conflicts (drl being too bright making it hard to see the turn signal)

Very interested in both of these fixes!

The leveling system requires opening up the vland head light to remove the manual adjustment mechanism, then simply swapping over the leveling motors & the turn signal conflict is solved by a switchback module, I’m using the morimoto XChange driver. I’m just waiting for my motor to go back in so I can test it out and take the pics for the write up.