Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Mission Impossible: Cleaning stock GSR rims.

9K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  fyr3 
#1 ·
I guess these rims are made with tiny baby hands in mind because I can't fit my (average sized) hand between the spokes to clean them with a wash mitt. Anyone have any suggestions on how to wash off all the brake dust from the entire wheel without much effort?
Any specific product work really well for anyone?

#13 ·
wheel woolies, ironx if they are super dirty or the diablo gel from chemical guys for regualr cleaning and a wheel brush works great for me. if you want to get super fancy put some jetseal on them its help keeps break dust from baking on if you don't clean them every week or so.

#15 ·
Thank You! I just bought the wheel woolies, and diablo gel for my wheels :D

#17 ·
i use adams wheel cleaner brush and regular soap and water, when it gets bad some degreaser works real well for me and as far as ive been using it it hasnt caused any damage to paint or the like. but itd be a good idea to invest in wheel cleaner.

#18 ·
Wollies and spray

I had a bottle of cleaner spray(i'll have to find the name later, it changes colors!) and I used that for the first time a couple weeks ago. It worked nicely on the front face of the wheels but didn't help a lot for the drums. And you have to use a ton of the stuff to get the front brakes really well. I'll just stick to the wheel woolies and elbow grease from now on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.