Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Depo Racing Intake Inlet pipe $85.00 shipped

24K views 151 replies 18 participants last post by  Tim@Depo Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a great product that replaces the stock rubber tube the goes from the Stock airbox to the turbo. This smooth lined 5 ply silicon inlet pipe is much more efficient then the stock piece also pictured, not a smooth flow. Add a Drop in filter and you have a nice cold air intake that will go over 400whp with a turbo upgrade. This pipe has steel bands to prevent collapsing. It is an easy install using all the stock clamps. The last pic is inside the stock unit, not a smooth flow. The FQ400 uses a similar setup of inlet pipe and drop-in filt

disturbedfan121 "Ended up just getting tuned today, ill buy some more stuff and retune later at a cheaper price lol. anyway i have good news for you. I dyno'd with your UICP, turbo inlet/AFE drop in filter and a catback and made 276whp 266tq on a mustang dyno. John at akuma approached me an said he had one of his 3" aluminum piping intake with K&N filter he wanted to test to see if his made any more power over the setup i was using. after dynoing with that, I only made 277whp and 265tq. aka not a difference anyone could tell. SOOO this means you turbo inlet mixed with a drop in filter is JUST AS GOOD as ANY intake out there, and its less that half the price of most."

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
are there any de facto gains associated with this product if the car is otherwise stock or do the gains (for this part by itself) start coming when the car has other bolt-ons and is tuned?
In other words, has it been established when exactly the stock inlet pipe becomes a restriction?

#18 ·
looks like the perrin unit i have. but i wouldnt market it as a cold air intake since it doesnt actually relocate the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.