Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Rickerman Tuning: reliable and powerful tuning

136K views 487 replies 158 participants last post by  Quadrider10 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone. If you are looking for an E-tune, look no further. Reliability is always number 1 when I tune, power is second.

I am a medically retired Army veteran and am home all day virtually everyday, so I am able to make revisions very fast, typically within 1-2 hours of me receiving the logs.

For anyone not familiar with E-tuning, its pretty simple, it just takes time (more or less depending on the setup). Basically, you send me a list of mods that you have on your car, then I create a custom basemap set up for those mods and I email it to you. You flash that basemap to your car, and inform me of any drivability issues, if there are any. You take datalogs of the issues, and I fix them, then its on to WOT tuning. You go do 3 consecutive third gear pulls and email me the datalogs from it. I make the appropriate adjustments and send the revised ROM back to you. That process repeats until the tune is finished.

I do require that you have a wideband, and either a cobb AP, or a tactrix openport 2.0. If you are interested or have a question, feel free to shoot me a PM. Price of tunes vary depending on the setup/mods to your car.

Thanks for reading :)

See less See more
#436 ·
Currently working with Chet to tune my 2014 MR. I originally went with a complete Cobb Stage 3 kit including their AP along with an ETS 4" IC and Turbosmart 18psi WGA. After I found out what Cobb has planned for the future of tuning with their AP, I decided to send it back and get a Tactrix Openport 2.0 instead. That and 95% of people on this forum tell you to start like that from the beginning. Honestly, I would have been happy with the AP, but that's another story. I can say the differences from the Cobb Stage 3 OTS map and Chet's base map alone are night and day. I don't know if the Cobb maps are finicky when it comes to SSTs or what, but it would stay in high rpms when city driving and wouldn't shift into the next gear and was all around jerky at low speeds. Can't wait to get to WOT tuning and get this thing running as it's meant to. Props to Chet and working back and forth is a breeze. I would recommend him to anyone looking to tune their X.

#437 ·
Just got ahold of Chet this week to start tuning my 11' GSR!
So far he's been very responsive and informative. I'm definitely excited to see how this transforms the car as I'm going from basically all stock to full bolt ons, bigger turbo, etc.. in one big step. Once we're all said and done I'll post up some dyno graphs and such.
Thanks Chet!

#438 ·
Got my bolt-on tune on 93 from chet earlier this year, love it every day I drive. Can't wait to move up to bigger turbo and e85 some day.

Chet, if I went with an MHI-18k, bigger injectors, walboro pump, etc. Would you be able to tune the setup for 93 and e85? Then I could run a flex fuel kit for the two maps.

#441 ·
Is there a way to switch tunes on the fly? Or do you recommend a small windows tablet to purchase for uploading tunes?

#442 ·
All it takes to switch between tunes is turning the car off, plugging in your laptop and running ECUFlash. Takes maybe 1-2 mins usually, easy stuff.

I would say just use a laptop, not sure how a tablet would do recognizing the tactrix and whether EcuFlash and EvoScan will run on it.

#444 ·
Chet just finished tuning my X. Couldn't be happier with my tune. Chet took his time working through the maps and addressed all my concerns, as well as answering all my noobish questions surrounding the platform. Car drives great and everything is dialed in perfectly. Thanks Chet!!

As long as it's not a RT tablet and it runs full windows it will work fine. Those RT tablets only let you download content from the app store.

BTW, I'm not too far from you (Brentwood).

#456 ·
So how does the flex fuel work?

Do we put different types of fuel in our car and you tune for that? Or you make a base tune knowing what the E content is, and use a formula to figure out how the tune would be under different E contents?

#457 ·
Also, is it true flex fuel?

Like you can put in E85 one day, and 91 the next, and E10 the day after?

#461 ·
Next friday I will be picking up a 2015 gsr and had a couple of questions about mods and tuning. My current shopping list includes uicp, licp, grimmspeed 3 port, ets catback, test pipe, and gauges. Which wide band do you recommend and should i be looking at upgraded intercoolers at this power level? Also about how much do you charge for tuning with the listed mods? I am also a new member or I would have Pm'd you.

#463 ·
Chet, I'm interested in getting a future e-tune done by you. I did have a couple of questions in regard to what mods I should plan to do. So far I plan to have intake, uicp, 3port grimspeed, ets catback, ets hfc. You mentioned to the guy above that an intercooler is not necessary. But how much would it help in boosting horsepower? I'm looking to achieve around the max power you can get on the stock turbo while maintaining daily drivability. Also, I do plan on getting an AEM UEGO Wideband and AEG digital boost gauge. Do you recommend I get any other gauges as well? All advice is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.