Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Clutch for DD?

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RoCcy_MiyaGi 
#1 ·
I know there are plenty of post about this but couldn't find what I'm looking for, I need some long term reviews. I got my 2015 gsr back last summer with 9,000 miles on it. The clutch always felt off to me but it worked fine. Now at 16,000 it has started slipping pretty bad. I don't think it's my driving, since I had my last manual for 2 years and never had trouble with the clutch, but a couple of bad launches probably didn't help much. I'm looking for some reviews from people that have had their clutch for awhile now. I've been looking at the competition stage 2 due to its price but open to other options. Car is stock and won't see much past a few boltons. Thanks

#2 ·
CC Stage 3 is pretty popular, also Exedy HD is basically the stock one.

#5 ·
I was using the Comp Clutch stage 2 and CC lite flywheel combo and it lasted me around 55k miles before it started slipping in 5th gear. Really great for a DD clutch and only a very slightly heavier feel than the stock clutch, but you get used to it real quick that it really feels like stock.

Did a few clutch launches on it and some spirited driving, but for the most part, was very much DD cruising since my wife also drives the Evo. This was also when I still had my clutch pill in (should have taken it out a long time ago... maybe could have lasted the clutch longer). This is also driving around those SF hills once in a while... those steep hills can burn clutches like crazy.

I'm only on bolt-ons right now and only making around 315whp and 315tq so they do last a long time (considering how fast some Evo clutches die out).

#9 ·
+1 Exedy twin plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.