EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Evo X Arashi locked by Swiss tuner
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
AiZ
Just Spooling Up

Haven't heard of a way to lock the ECU with Ecuflash on the X but I'm not a tuner myself. Tephra roms are Vin-locked but should be able to flash anything else over it.

However, to the best of my knowledge the Cobb Accessport will lock the ECU and you'll need the original Accessport to unmarry it from the car. I haven't used one so I don't know the specifics but I did read Cobb might be able to send you an unlock code or map.

If you can't get the AP, then a bench flash will be required. I guess it depends on how much you trust the Mitsubishi dealer (it's hit or miss here in the US) but I can't imagine they don't have tools to bench a stock rom into a locked ECU.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AiZ is offline   Reply With Quote