Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

My day at Thunderhill

14K views 117 replies 28 participants last post by  MRufo 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share my video I made during my last day at Thunderhill. This car really needs a surge tank. I get fuel starvation at turn 7 with 2/3 of a tank.

Video was made with racechrono touchscreen gps lap timer, linked to obdkey and trackvision

Best lap time I could get was 2:12 that day. Any tips on improvement are welcome.

#116 ·
I think we are finally going to get down to LS at the end of June with Speed Ventures. I think you said it's hard on brakes? For a two day event should I bring an extra set of pads and rotors? Have you had the BRZ out yet?

#117 ·
I haven't run with speed ventures, although I've heard they're a decent group. I'll be running at Laguna with trackmasters and HOD this year. I'm bringing the BRZ to Laguna on March 2nd.

Yes, Laguna is the hardest track on brakes by far. When I had the Evo, it was the only track that would boil my brake fluid over, and I would go through over 1/2 of my pad thickness in one day. Make sure you have new fluid, and if you can get anymore cooling for the brakes, it would be great. If your pads are new, you'll probably be ok for the weekend, but they'll probably be done after the event. If your pads are worn, I'd bring an extra set. Rotors will probably be ok.

#118 ·
Thanks Joe. Hopefully we can meet up one of these days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.