Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

EVO X sets unlimited class record at Yas Marina

17K views 124 replies 45 participants last post by  faeskoni 
#1 ·
After 2 years of hard work and development my little black EVO went and set a new overall record at this weekend's UAE Extreme Superlap @ the Yas Marina F1 circuit (South configuration)

Unfortunately I dont have footage of the record lap; but the 2nd lap in this video is only 0.5 seconds off the time!

http://youtu.be/dfbCdPUIvoc

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice evo !! and Congrats!

#11 ·
Awesome video man ... hey quick question i notice when you want to downshift for example from 4th gear to 2nd gear you didnt down shift from 4-2 ... you did 4 and then 3 and then 2 ... ? whats the advantage of that ? or easier on the trans?

#58 ·
1. it is better on the transmission ..... which is under a lot of strain with this kind of setup

2. It is a good habit, keeps everything nice and smooth. Also, if you have to change plan, back end stepping out or you make an error, it is easier to recover.

#14 ·
Fantastic mate, congrats.

#15 ·
Congrats!

Awesome car and awesome driving!

#17 ·
#22 ·
That thing looks nasty. Love it. I like the white side wall lettering too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
I think I am the only person in the world with one of these....
is that a further air guide to direct the air from the hood scoop over the turbo?

Does it really actually help? I would think that simply the position of the oem air scoop in combination of the underbody aerodynamics would direct the air pretty efficiently over the turbo.

car is damn sweet though. beautifully built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.