EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums - View Single Post - A few questions regarding riding on the spare tire.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
97laxlude
Just Spooling Up

A few questions regarding riding on the spare tire.

A few questions guys.
So I bent my wheel and blew one of my winter tires it's size 235/40/18. The Discount Tire guy said it's at about 7-8 out of 10 on tread depth and I'd be fine replacing just the one instead of doing all four.
1) I just wanted everyone's opinion if it was ok to do that? I don't want to mess up my differential for having 1 tire with a different tread depth.

My next concern is that since I blew that tire I had to obviously put on the spare it's a 145/70/18 for those that didn't know. I drove the car home which was about 30 miles and now I've got two different "Service Required" warnings that flash on the dash. I attached the images. I looked them up in the manual and the first pic was basically just a warning about the SAWC and the other was for the TPMS and that I should bring it in for service.
2) I was wondering if it was ok to drive the car like this for the next few days? I've withheld from driving since this problem happened but I've obviously got to get around for some things.
3) Once my wheel is repaired (Monday/Tuesday) and I have my new summer tires, will the warnings go away or do I have to bring it in to Mitsu. to have them erased or checked out?

All help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Required 1.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	886.6 KB
ID:	13042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Required 2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	878.0 KB
ID:	13043  
97laxlude is offline   Reply With Quote