EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums - View Single Post - Sst overheating slow down
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 AM   #2
AiZ
Just Spooling Up

Looks like around 4000 RPM in 5th you downshift to 4th, and then the transmission goes nuts.

Are you able to log the SST temperature via EvoScan or something similar? You can even use the Torque app with a Bluetooth adapter, you just need the right PID set up.

That way you can see if the fluid is really overheating, or if the overheat message is being caused by something else.

Does it happen when you downshift from another gear, say 3rd to 2nd, or 4th to 3rd?

Check the DTC codes in the car, you'll need a MUTIII tool for it since the SST codes aren't your "normal" codes; not sure if Evoscan 2.8 can do it, but back when I was having transmission issues the codes never showed up for me via Torque, even though the Mitsu techs could read them.

I want to say as an uneducated guess that you're losing complete fluid pressure when you downshift there and the transmission has no idea how to handle it, and shifts you into first gear. Last time I got the slowdown on a track, it put the car in limp mode but I don't remember it shifting be back into first gear. It could be an issue with the mechatronic unit perhaps?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AiZ is offline   Reply With Quote