EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums - View Single Post - Sst overheating slow down
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 AM   #3
alesx7817
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiZ View Post
Looks like around 4000 RPM in 5th you downshift to 4th, and then the transmission goes nuts.

Are you able to log the SST temperature via EvoScan or something similar? You can even use the Torque app with a Bluetooth adapter, you just need the right PID set up.

That way you can see if the fluid is really overheating, or if the overheat message is being caused by something else.

Does it happen when you downshift from another gear, say 3rd to 2nd, or 4th to 3rd?

Check the DTC codes in the car, you'll need a MUTIII tool for it since the SST codes aren't your "normal" codes; not sure if Evoscan 2.8 can do it, but back when I was having transmission issues the codes never showed up for me via Torque, even though the Mitsu techs could read them.

I want to say as an uneducated guess that you're losing complete fluid pressure when you downshift there and the transmission has no idea how to handle it, and shifts you into first gear. Last time I got the slowdown on a track, it put the car in limp mode but I don't remember it shifting be back into first gear. It could be an issue with the mechatronic unit perhaps?
Looks like around 4000 RPM in 5th you downshift to 4th, and then the transmission goes nuts.

R:Yes, yes, the problem is more frequent when changing from 5 to 4 at 4000rm up to 4500rpm

The technician measured the temperature the 140 to 160 KM, is in the average of 102 to 108 degrees, maximum 110 (180KMH)
The overheating gave at 108 degrees

Does it happen when you downshift from another gear, say 3rd to 2nd, or 4th to 3rd?
R:
no, never, it's always 5 for 4, once it happened from 5 to 6, but the RPM was low, let's say, I should go back to 4, but I went to 6, then gave overheating

Do not generate error code, nothing appears on the computer

I forgot, mechatronic unit was replaced by a good one used, the problem remained the same

So, oddly enough, it seems that the problem happens more with low rpm

If I go back from 5 to 4, for example, at 5500rpm the problem does not happen
alesx7817 is offline   Reply With Quote