EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums - View Single Post - Over Boost Help...
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
X EVO X
Just Spooling Up

Over Boost Help...

Well its been a while since I've been here. The EVO was the wife's car but now its the family car lol. So I haven't done any modifications to the car in years. The car has been running fine according to my wife. So since I started driving it more I noticed some issues. I recently replaced all the relays to solve the AUX Fuel Pump issue. Now I notice that when at WOT the car's boost level reaches 29-30PSI... Then it will start to taper down to the low 20's. I do not remember this to be the case as I remember boost spikes to be about 25ish... The AFRs also read about 10 during this... I ordered new spark plugs as its that time but I don't think spark would affect Boost. I checked all air lines and they all seem to be connected, seated all the way, and no splitting (maybe I could take them off to reseat them or pressure test, but no sure how to do that). This is as far as my knowledge takes me and would greatly appreciate some help from experience or even some more troubleshooting tips. The car is a 2008 GSR with 50k miles on it. The car run GREAT when just cruising or even flying around. The cars performance is what I remember it to be smooth and fast but when at WOT things go south, I even got the CEL light during one attempt.

Thanks in advance!

HP - 365 TQ - 359
Power Mods -
Injen UICP, Injen Intake, SC Test Pipe, Perrin CBE, AMS Intercooler, Turbotrix Dyno Tune.
Fluff - RalliartCF A/C Cover, Custom 2 Gauge A Pillar
Electronics - AEM Wideband, AEM Boost Gauge
Future - ????????????
X EVO X is offline   Reply With Quote