Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Grimmspeed EBCS Testing On The Evo X

12K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  GrimmSpeed 
#1 ·
So I had a chance to test the new Grimspeed 3-port Electronic Boost Control Solenoid on a Evo X MR this weekend. I want to thank Smanders for all the new logs and the time for testing. Here are some logs to show how it well it works!

I think this unit works very well to plug right into the stock harness and be able to control boost from the stock ecu!

Kasey@MAPerformance.com

See less See more
#4 ·
First I want to thank Kasey for his work on Saturday. It was a fun day...but long drive home....at 2:00 am:coffee:

I'm doing some more logging and reading. I would like to get the boost a little smoother. But wow, I have not felt a turbo keep pulling like this in the high RPM range. It is sweeeeeeet. I'll post some more logs soon.

Would an aftermarket WGA really help smooth out the curve? How high is the stock BOV rated? I think I should be able to handle 25 PSI no problem.

Thanks for your input.

#7 ·
I am still on stock actuator and stock bov, hitting 31psi.

From what I hear the BOV is a crapshoot though as to what it will hold.

I did tighten down my WGA though, man does it suck to do by hand.

#21 ·
Would you be so kind as to do a graph with the forge actuator AND the grimmspeed 3 port for me?.. I mean us? I suspect that the numbers would improver, perhaps the length of time peak is held, but I sort of wonder if at higher rpms the stock turbo is just not able to move that much air.

Edited for "English please...damn"

#29 ·
hi, I'm sorry to highjack the thread, but I'm researching this part (Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 3-Port) and I was wondering if the above is true. I'm not sure if my tuner is going to tune my car via stock ECU. But I currently have an 11' MR with Injen short ram intake, MAP O2 dump, UR test pipe, Greddy Catback single exit. I'm looking to do a conservative tune hopefully to the mid 300's.

Would I really need something like this? can my goal get accomplished without it? Thanks for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.