Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

best wheel and tire for track when on swift sport springs

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TSX101 
#1 ·
I'm looking to have a dedicated wheel and tire for the track. I was wondering what wheel and tire combination is the best for that when I am running on swift sport springs and don't want to roll the fenders.

#2 ·
Your best bet is to get 18 x 9.5 wheels with an offset of +22 and in terms of best get something you like the look of and a light wheel is always nice. Depends on your budget as well. RPF1's are relatively cheap and light but everyone has them, TE37's if you wanna spend more, it just depends.

#5 ·
The stickys have a lot of good info, specifically the FAQ in the first post here: https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10191

I've been researching the same thing for myself and have decided on RPF1s 18x9.5 +15
with a 265 section tire. Rear fenders need to be rolled to make this work. You might get away with a narrower tire like the stock 245, or get a less agressive offset like the +45

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.